Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Just bought another Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 07:39 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough
Default Just bought another Blazer

We just bought a 2000 s10 blazer so the tradition lives on , this one is stock for now , but I have tons of parts from my past blazers and the sas swap I did on the 94 . Pictures will be posted as soon as we get it home .

Old 12-19-2012, 11:07 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Congrats on the new Blazer, and I'm interested to see where you go with this one.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:59 AM

This one is going to be the wifes , she needed a vehicle better suited for winter . It has remote start also , I kinda like that , may have to get one for my blazer . I just took it for a test ride , it drives and shifts great but needs shocks really bad . For some reason the brakes go almost to the floor , the previous owner ( the only owner ) said it has always been like that but I find that very hard to believe . I have a new master cylinder that I bought for my blazer but I think the brakes may just need to be bled . I'll got a couple pictures here in a sec .

Attached Thumbnails Just bought another Blazer-marshasblazer003.jpg   Just bought another Blazer-marshasblazer002.jpg  

Last edited by atvwarrior; 12-19-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Looks like a nice find! I really doubt it will stay stock even if it is for your wife! Afterall it is parked in your driveway lol!!

Old 12-19-2012, 03:00 PM

Good point . Yea my mind is already working , and I am building another v8 so you never know . And I have a extra set of 35s on blazer (camaro) wheels already .

Old 12-19-2012, 03:02 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Nice Buy gene

Old 12-21-2012, 07:56 PM

Thanks she likes it so far . I tried to bleed the brakes and noticed they changed one rear caliper and all the brake pads but they didn't bleed the brakes after changing the rear caliper , and the other three were rusted so bad I didn't think I would get them , But I got all but one the other rear was not coming loose , and for the price verses time I figured it would be easier to just buy a new one . So now the pedal is up nice and the parking / brake light went out so thats all good . And the door pins were bad in the driver side door so I changed them . It also makes one hell of a ticking when you first start it , sounds like a collapsed lifter , so I guess I'll be getting into the old girl . Fun fun .

Old 12-21-2012, 08:14 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Smile

Before you tear apart the top half of the engine to fix a suspected colasped lifter try changing the oil and subsitute a half quart for marvel mystery oil.I have used it personaly on engines that have had the same problem with great success.It is a mystery on why and how it works but it does.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:24 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Looks good, good luck with it.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:30 AM

Thanks DKSDAD , I just happen to have a hole bottle of mystery oil so I'll try that out , thanks again and I'll let you know how it works .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 12-22-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Just bought another Blazer