Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Just got a "new" shotgun!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Starting Member
99LS4x4ryanlw is on a distinguished road
Default Just got a "new" shotgun!

Well, I had been thinking about getting a different gun for a bit now, kinda as a late birthday present to myself. I finally got the gumption to go look at a local shop, Cleland's if anyone is from around or knows of the Swanton, OH area. I always wanted a shotgun like my grandpa had, a single shot, break-open style, 12 ga. and to my surprise I found a few of these at the shop, but one really caught my eye lol a double barrel 12 ga. shotgun for only $175, not bad right? Well I bought it and after bringing it home I did a little research since I had never heard of the manufacture before. It is a 1927 A.H. Fox Sterlingworth! I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet, but am certainly looking forward to doing so soon when the weather gets warmer!

Attached Thumbnails Just got a "new" shotgun!-100_1175a.jpg   Just got a "new" shotgun!-100_1177a.jpg   Just got a "new" shotgun!-100_1178a.jpg  
Old 01-16-2012, 04:10 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

thats a nice one

Looks old

Old 01-16-2012, 11:40 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I've got three side by sides. I LOVE each and every one of them. I'll never own an over and under, though I do have a pump and a semi auto.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:42 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by AJBert
I've got three side by sides. I LOVE each and every one of them. I'll never own an over and under, though I do have a pump and a semi auto.
I thought about getting a semi auto...and I already have a pump, but I agree that I don't think that I will ever have an over under

Old 01-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

Pumps will always be my favorite shotguns, but those SxS's are as classy as they get. Do you shoot trap and skeet or will you use it for hunting? I've got 2 Remington 870's (12 Ga) and a 20 Ga H&R single shot. For deer, squirrels and rabbits.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Nice gun!

Last time I went out trap shooting, the range master had a VERY nice Benelli over-under. I almost didn't want to shoot it. Looked expensive!

I have a Mossberg 20ga bolt action shotgun along with my Remington 870 Express w/ rifled barrel. I need to get a bird barrel for the 870 for faster trap shooting, but I can still do triples with the bolt action Mossberg. I've been shooting that gun for over 20 years.

I just recently put a new stock & fore-grip on the 870:
Just got a "new" shotgun!-407942_10151087796120252_904280251_22401076_940012372_n.jpg

Attached Thumbnails Just got a "new" shotgun!-407942_10151087796120252_904280251_22401076_940012372_n.jpg  
Old 01-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Little Roober
Pumps will always be my favorite shotguns, but those SxS's are as classy as they get. Do you shoot trap and skeet or will you use it for hunting? I've got 2 Remington 870's (12 Ga) and a 20 Ga H&R single shot. For deer, squirrels and rabbits.
I will probably use it for mainly varmint control around the farm, getting rid of woodchucks and coon and the like, which I just learned this morning that we have a "friendlier" coon around this morning, so maybe he will be introduced the his gun fairly quick but I will also use it to shoot some trap at some point in time this year

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Nice gun!

Last time I went out trap shooting, the range master had a VERY nice Benelli over-under. I almost didn't want to shoot it. Looked expensive!

I have a Mossberg 20ga bolt action shotgun along with my Remington 870 Express w/ rifled barrel. I need to get a bird barrel for the 870 for faster trap shooting, but I can still do triples with the bolt action Mossberg. I've been shooting that gun for over 20 years.
Thanks! I have a Mossberg 500 12ga pump as my very first gun and I have always wanted a SxS. I love the functionality of the old guns for what I use them for. I also love the one I got even more after I determined that it has either full/full or full/modified barrels. By the way, that is a slick stock and fore-grip ya got there! I haven't actually shot a shotgun with the pistol grip like that and I can't say for positive if I would actually like it or not...but I would definitely give it a go if I had the chance!

Old 01-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

$40 for the new stock & grip. This past winter my wrist started to hurt after a 30-40 minutes with the gun up ready to shoot while I was waiting for the deer to get in range. I've shot the gun with the new stock and it makes a rather substantial difference in my wrist position/angle for the better!

Old 01-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
$40 for the new stock & grip. This past winter my wrist started to hurt after a 30-40 minutes with the gun up ready to shoot while I was waiting for the deer to get in range. I've shot the gun with the new stock and it makes a rather substantial difference in my wrist position/angle for the better!
Definitely the main reason for switching then I would say! Did you at least get a deer then? I know I wasn't lucky enough this year...but there is always next year I suppose

Old 01-17-2012, 03:38 PM
Administrator

I passed up some smaller deer that were in shooting distance opening day and then the day after because I knew I was going to go out a number of times before the season closed. That and I saw a monster buck on opening day that was ~200 yards away. Wish I had the 243 for that one! I counted 15 points from my binoculars. Wish that one came close enough, but he was chasing two doe that were headed in the other direction (passed up shooting at them).

Quick Reply: Just got a "new" shotgun!