Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Just how many 'drinking' thread/posts are there?

Old 08-19-2012, 10:12 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about
Cool Just how many 'drinking' thread/posts are there?

Ok, I've seen many, soooo many threads/posts that I'd think have been by members that have been into the sauce.
Mords wixed, things bass akwards, all side by each & in response to an OP can be very confusing. Especially a newb that doesn't know who's who.

So... have you had a few when trying to help out a fellow forum member?
My answer is yes, I've had a few at times but I'm reminded of Cliffy

"One night at Cheers, Cliff Clavin explained the "Buffalo Theory" to his buddy, Norm. "Well ya see, Norm, it's like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine! That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

Not an excuse btw. But I sofaking love it lmao!

Old 08-19-2012, 11:06 PM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

Lol, I am one of the guilty ones. But I believe it was Ben Franklin who said "beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy" think I read it in a bar...

Old 08-19-2012, 11:39 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Found something about that lol even has your quote

Misquote: Ben Franklin on Beer

edit as I read on ...

For the record, here, in a letter addressed to André Morellet in 1779, is what Benjamin Franklin actually did say:
Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy.
(Source: Isaacson, Walter. Benjamin Franklin: An American Life. New York: Simon and Schuster, 2003. p.374.)