Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Just recieved these pics from a friend

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 05:43 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Just recieved these pics from a friend

Not sure where this is/was but . . lucky he had no passenger!

Old 07-29-2011, 06:06 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

WOW thats guard rail and he drove into it that much? thats insane

Old 07-29-2011, 07:55 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

HOLY HELL DUDE!!! That is insane!!! I've never seen that before in my life, how fast was he going to get the guard rail that far through the truck, and through the firewall at that O_O

Old 07-29-2011, 07:58 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

im surprised he didn't crack his block to stop at the tip of it i mean if the block gets damaged wouldn't the truck shut off ?

Old 07-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Gremaldi is on a distinguished road

Seems like the driver was on a high speed.. lol..

Old 07-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I really doubt that excessive speed had anything to do with that. There likely was no anchor on the end like there is supposed to be which would have made the truck ride up and over the guard rail. The wooden posts don't offer much, if any resistance when presented with a suburban at 60MPH. Looks like it entered through the radiator opening in the core support. Probably glanced off the engine and went through the firewall where the HVAC lines are which makes the firewall weaker in that location. After it's through there, there isn't much resistance at all.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Starting Member
Bigringtravis is on a distinguished road

That's totally mind blowing!

Those are Wisconsin tags!

Ya know, the TDOT contractor got into major trouble here in Tennessee for not putting the pillars down in the ground far enough... His company was blamed for more than a few deaths and bizzare accidents like this one! But nothing like that!

Old 07-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Starting Member
Zanders is on a distinguished road

pffshh, tis nothing but a little cosmetic damage

Old 07-30-2011, 12:41 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

I recieved it titled "Just learnt how to text!" LOL Not sure of it's origin though.

The guy who sent this to me to was taking the mickey 'cause I'm a Chevy driver. LOL

I just replied that that's how safe a Chevy is! Even with the guard rail running through, the truck kept on in a nice straight line!

Old 07-30-2011, 09:59 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

http://mtstandard.com/news/local/it-...cc4c03286.html

Happened last year outside Deer Lodge, Montana. 22yr old college student fell asleep driving back west from Wisconsin.

Quick Reply: Just recieved these pics from a friend