Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Kias... Junk..

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Starting Member
Senshi09 is on a distinguished road
Default Kias... Junk..

Just wanted to let you know my wifes vehicle (kia Optima LX 06') SUCKS!! The door lock doesn't work properly, the battery dies out every other day (even with a new battery and all accessories and such shut off) it shakes when its at 1/4 tank and below, and if you want to think about changing the plugs and coils to give it a tune up, have fun because you have to tear the top of the motor off just to get to the back plugs. To top it all off, there is NO BOOK for GARBAGE! The only kia forums i can find, were for the 2009-2011 kias and won't let me sign-up to post about it.

I did research and appearently the malfunctioning door handles/lock (If you lock them, they won't fully unlock meaning the lock itself will look unlocked, but it is stuck inside the door and the door won't open-unless you pull the outer door away from the window, shove a metal clothes hanger down and go fishing for the rod) is a factory screw up that they are not about to try to fix.. and its common on ALL kia models even these newer ones.

The tiny plastic piece is prone to either fall out of place or break entirely.. along with the tiny spring in it for the locking mechanism. To fix all of that you either have to void your warrenty by ripping your door apart or take it to a dealer to have them fix it, which still isn't covered by the warrenty and spend a few thousand dollars for a tiny freaking spring and piece of plastic, that will just break again within 3 months.

So I guess this can be taken either way.. as a rant to other vehicle enthusiasts or a warning to those (if any) who are thinking about buying a kia because of their "Low prices ad great MPG". There's a reason they are so so cheap.. they will break and cost you, the entire family's limbs in cash trying to fix and keep up with it. Im taking hers in and trading it for a Chevy.. at least THOSE have books on them.

Ive decided to go on a crusade and warn as many people as possible about the crappy work kia does.

Kia-Kicked in ***

Old 09-06-2011, 02:03 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Killed in action!

Old 09-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Starting Member
kevlar974 is on a distinguished road

helped my uncle do a heater core on his P.O.S. Sportage.
Kreated by Insane Asians

Old 09-06-2011, 10:49 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

a friend of mine bought one of those turd rio's brand new back in like 01. and the only thing that has gone wrong with it was the trans got smoked, no way the cars fault. he never filled or checked the fluid ever lol.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by abig84
a friend of mine bought one of those turd rio's brand new back in like 01. and the only thing that has gone wrong with it was the trans got smoked, no way the cars fault. he never filled or checked the fluid ever lol.
HAHAHA Thats hilarious to me. I maintain the wifes and it breaks like crazy.. your buddy doesn't maintain theirs and the only thing that went wrong was the trans.. ha ha ha ha

Kias are still not worth a thing to me. Just recently, this morning on the way to take my kid to school actually, the gas door decided to pop open on its own and not stay closed at all, causing the gas cap to come loose from the highway drive i suppose which caused the sel light to pop on which caused me to freak out wondering wtf just happened. But its a good thing cuz it told me aside from the gas cap code it gave me p0304.. how nice.. p.o.s. Im NOT tearing that motor apart..

Whitesides offered 5.3k for it.. what they don't know is ill give it to them for .25 cents

Old 09-07-2011, 11:32 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Dude, I hear ya. My dad had a kia sephia. The tranny went out fairly quick on it and since it wasn't a manual, it would cost some $$$. So we just sold it. But as far as hyundai, their big sister, they make quality cars now. My '03 tibby holds up like a champ minus a reoccurring window motor failure issue.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:22 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Ummmm....Asian cars are bad....okaaaaayyyyy?

Well, not really, but I like to keep my money in this country to the best of my ability.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Starting Member

me and the wife traversed the car lots today.. just to see how much each one will give us. A&B kia (the place she got the car) offered 400 for it.. whitesides went up by 100 (5.4k now) autosale of bellaire refused to give us an offer until we found another vehicle but the guy said "Due to that cash for clunkers sale we had a few years back, the used car market has crashed." which gave me a chuckle at which i told him how much whitesides offered and he quickly tried to out-due them by saying he will give us that amount as a down payment on a colbalt that had 98k miles and cost 13k after the down payment. I laughed my *** off at him and told him a brand new cobalt with less then 20 miles only costs 15k.. then it started raining hard... so we gave up.

yeah hundais are alright i guess.. never had real experiance with them. My aunt used to have one but she traded it back in for some reason.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:12 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Now we know why they suck they spend more times on there dumb commercials then there cars lolol

Party Rock Anthem-Kia Soul Hamster Commercial [HD]: Party Rock Anthem-LMFAO- MTV VMA's - YouTube

Edit: i need to get off youtube now =(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Dpl...eature=related

What a way to put a good song to waste yes im a Beatles fan

Last edited by xgiovannix12; 09-10-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:36 AM
Starting Member

We took her kia back to autochoice in bellaire. Took her mom with us this time since her mom just bought 2 cars from there and knew who to talk to. Got a great offer on it this time, 7.8k for it. Would of been more but the windshield was cracked. Traded it in for a 05 cobalt that only had 30k miles on it and the price for it was 8.3k. So we went for it. I wanted to get either the red cobalt SS that only had 10k miles on it, or the camaro z28 that had 1 mile on it. The red cobalt was manual though and neither of us was going t try to learn on a new car. The camaro was was to high for us to afford. Even the dude said that he wanted it but can't afford the payments even with a 30% discount. Payments for it (at this place) would of been $538.87 a month. Wish I could afford that lol

Quick Reply: Kias... Junk..