Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

League rule: Win by more than 5 and you lose

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 09:34 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

It's because the parents don't want to see their kid all heartbroken from losing. The rule is helping preserve the parent's feelings more than the kid's. Some world we live in...

Old 06-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by The_Beast
just let the kids play and don't keep score
........... Seriously?

I will never let my kids play in some retarded league where they dont keep score, much less one where they declare that the better team loses because they are in fact better. I was on a football team where we won 2 games the entire season. One "win" was because the other team supposedly didn't show up. From the original schedule, we actually had that week as a bye week. Yeah, we lost almost every game. But at the end of the season we were hungrier than any other team and the other win came from beating the 9-0 team that had won every game by 10+ points. That team won the playoffs. The next season, all of us were on the same team and we knew we could win and finished 8-2.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:04 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Phil
........... Seriously?

I will never let my kids play in some retarded league where they dont keep score, much less one where they declare that the better team loses because they are in fact better. I was on a football team where we won 2 games the entire season. One "win" was because the other team supposedly didn't show up. From the original schedule, we actually had that week as a bye week. Yeah, we lost almost every game. But at the end of the season we were hungrier than any other team and the other win came from beating the 9-0 team that had won every game by 10+ points. That team won the playoffs. The next season, all of us were on the same team and we knew we could win and finished 8-2.
Exactly what I was trying to point out in my previous post! Losing builds character just as much, if not more so, as winning.

My grandson wanted to play soccer and the only league around didn't keep score. Needless to say, he never joined.