The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

License Plates

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 11:48 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Ive got 2 sets. OHSOFLY and SOSOFLY for both my vehicles. Here is one on my old 350 S-dime

The police in a coffee shop one time asked me about them
"OhSoFLY - is that cause you drive fast of cause you like to get high?" - Cop in line
"I thought it was clever since I drive an F18, your dime a dozen cruiser have dual afterburners and go Mach 2?" - Me
Im not really a military pilot, but it shut him up and surprised him...

I would have to say the coolest ones in Canada are for NWT (Northwest territory) and Nunavut... They are shaped like polar bears. Yes this is standard issue and not a novelty plate. Less than 1% of canadians live in those 2 territories (which make up 1/4 of our landmass), so there is not that many of them in circulation.

Another cool thing here is that combat veterans can get their own special plates. I think they get them for free or very cheap. You have to be able to prove you are a vet to get one, but I would show respect to anyone with one on their car....

British Columbia province recently released a new plate thats very nice just before the Vancouver Olympics last year. They costed about 100 bucks on top of your regular registration, but many people got them. That is Whistler and Blackcombe mountains where the on the slopes games were held.

Last edited by ohsofly; 02-24-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:57 AM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Diggin the polar bear. Id move there for a summer or something just to get the plates! haha

Old 02-24-2011, 12:11 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Cochrane, you can buy a vanity plate from any registry office with whatever you want stamped on it... You just cannot register filthy ones to a vehicle ever. So I imagine you could just buy a plate from NWT, and put it on the front of your car with whatever 7 digits you want. We only require a rear plate in Alberta, so we can have whatever we want on the front. I like to switch my front plates, so the back and front dont match on my cars...

I used to have a green explorer, and my green blazer. I put the wrong plates on each truck just in case I got a photo radar in the mail, then I could argue that it is not my truck in the photo, it should be a Blazer not an explorer...

Last edited by ohsofly; 02-24-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:06 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Manitoba we have to have plates on the front

Old 02-24-2011, 06:12 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

we actually have special order Saskatchewan Roughrider plates ever since they won the greycup a few years ago, and we also have the veteran ones, i think they get free parking, but I could be mistaken.

I have a German flag plate i got for an xmas present, but ive never put it on.

edit: the sk Roughriders are our CFL football team, just in case lol

Old 02-24-2011, 06:47 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by blazinloud
we actually have special order Saskatchewan Roughrider plates ever since they won the greycup a few years ago, and we also have the veteran ones, i think they get free parking, but I could be mistaken.

I have a German flag plate i got for an xmas present, but ive never put it on.

edit: the sk Roughriders are our CFL football team, just in case lol
luv your edit there.

we have the Veteran plates here in Ontario as well. as far as i know, they don't pay for them.

i feel your pain Jon, we have front & rear plates required here as well. got a nice custom plate for my 1st car as a birthday gift. didn't like the fact it would have to be under the Provincial one, so never put it on the car.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Mgiudice is on a distinguished road

Ya it may not be a great thread topic but plate designs are quite interesting to me. i would post mine but i always forget to snap a pic of it lol.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:09 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

My wife had a vanity plate on her '98 Camaro SS: SSaSSy

I didn't drive it much for obvious reasons.

I've got a retired military plate on my ZR2. I think it is in my photo album. Sorry, too lazy to look it up. On the front my wife had a plate made up that says, "Mud Bug". It's a deep south thing. I don't think I have any pictures of it.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:19 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here in GA they have Vet plates as well just not for OIF or OEF so its kind of frustrating to see all the Desert Storm and Vietnam but I cant get an OIF plate.
Theres also Marine plates but not Army plates here. I dunno GAs motor vehicle department sucks and they wont field Army plates or OIF/OEF Vet plates. Ive filed a few petetions and basicly was told well we ran a poll for a year to see if anyone was interested in the OIF Vet plates (before I deployed. Actualy I think it was before I even joined the Army). So go figure. We also have National Guard Plates so Ill probably change to those after I reenlist monday with the Guard after over a year off from the military.

Also we dont run front plates here in GA. I think at one time they talked about it but didnt want to go through the hassle.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:48 PM
JST4SHO is an unknown quantity at this point

SC Vanity Plates On my toy
Smiling Faces Beautiful Places

Last edited by JST4SHO; 02-25-2011 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Info

Quick Reply: License Plates