Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Long Distance Relationship...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 04:27 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default Long Distance Relationship...

Okay, first off, my previous relationship was long distance and it was going smooth for about 1 1/2 years then for another 6 months it was rocky and eventually ended. That relationship ended last september. Moving on, I met this chick new years eve and she seemed interested as we talked and laughed and she would give me nice long hugs. I have been talking to her since then (phone). I see her again this weekend friday and saturday for my buddy's party and friday we all watched a movie. She was leaning against me kind of cuddled up right beside me when we were all watching a movie.

Well there were 4 of us. Her, me, and 2 of my buddies. One buddy goes to bed and the other makes a food run and I have alone time with her now. Well after I talk to her a little bit more and she continues to put her head on my shoulder and lean against me, I go in for a kiss. We make out for a good 15 minutes and we are interrupted by my buddy walking in from his food run. Next night, saturday, my buddy has his birthday party going on. Me and her both talk more and drink a little bit and she puts her head on my shoulder and stays relatively close to me the whole night (I don't mind). We end up going to a different room away from the party and make out some more. And I basically told her that I liked her and she said the same thing.

Well she goes to college about 3 hours away from my college. And she lives about 1 hour away from where I live (btw, we both stay at our colleges unless we go home for an occasional weekend). Basically, what I'm trying to get at is figuring out how to go about another long distance relationship. I particularly don't like long distance (who does?), but I think she is definitely worth it. Anybody ever been in the same boat? Want to share your story? I just had to get that off my chest because I've been thinking about her a good bit and haven't been eating like I normally do and have been having anxiety. A lot of anxiety about things.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

Distance to a relationship is like wind to a flame. If you have a candle, it'll blow out, if you have a camp fire it'll fan the flame.....just what I've noticed.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:15 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

from what I've seen, if you want a long term relationship, it takes a heck lot of work. just make sure you take it slow

Old 02-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

It depends...You still didn't post pics and it's been two months!

Old 02-05-2012, 07:03 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Pics of said girl?

haha on serious note.

Ive done the whole long distance thing. She was 3 hours away. She was in college for the next 4 years. The scary part that happened to me is she met other fun guys,and decided i wasnt worth the wait and left me. Ive learned they nearly never work,unless you have money in a savings that you can spend every week in gas to see her. Seems like girls never want to visit you,they want you on the leash to spend the money to go see her instead.

I hope it works man. Just dont fall in love with her until you both are close distance wise. Or else your heart will crash and burn. Ive done it all.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:11 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

well said chris and yea where is the pics tibbster =P

any ways I wont give you any advice on relationships since im bad with them my self

this is why im going to be forever alone guy

Old 02-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Park is on a distinguished road

Tibby,
Follow you heart, but allow yourself to think before/as you act. I'm in a relationship that is very similar to what yours with this girl could be. The start is easy but it will get tough. If you start dating her be prepared to devote a lot of time to texting and talking. Communication will make this or break it. With out good communication things will go south quick. But most importantly if you have the feeling she might be worth it, why not give it try? No risk means no reward. As far as transportation if gas gets difficult Jefferson lines or Greyhound are a nice option while you are both at school. Good luck to you, I hope the best for you.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Every situation is different man. My next door neighbor and her bf have been dating now for over a year and she lives here in Tampa while he is down in Miami (4-6 hour drive pending on traffic). They see each other on weekends and apparently she thinks he is getting ready to pop the question sometime this year. So it can work. My best friend and his gf have been dating almost 2 years and they're going strong on long distance. Some months they only see each other once a month, but they Skype a few times a week. If there's a will there's a way. Good luck man, hope everything works out.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Starting Member
Zanders is on a distinguished road

Sounds like lust over love at this stage, so adding the distance factor this early may be a problem. But hey, I ain't a relationship counselor, only time will tell if it lasts.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:11 AM
deadmanet is on a distinguished road

I'll skip the advice as others have said, every situation is different....just going to share my stories like you asked, and let you go from there. I've actually had multiple long distance relationships(obviously none lasted as I am single again...lol)

The first was when I was younger(18/her16) and the girl lived with her father here in Indy during the summer, and with her mom the rest of the year. We both just went our seperate ways at the end of the summer, and if we where both single/still had feelings, we picked it up the next summer. This lasted 3 years, and the 4th summer I finally said I can't do it anymore due to wanting the relationship to advance further(not meaning the physical btw), and she didn't.

Second one I actually met her on an online game(yes, I just said that) We played together, talked all the time, even got married in game....went like that for about a year, till she finally came to see me in December, by Feb, she was making the drive from Massachusettes to move in.(This is the one that had the Blazer that made me fall in love with em. :-P) Lasted a little over a year and a half, till I lost my job, then things went south from there.

And the last one, yes another one met in game....short version: online only for a while, she finally drove up from Louisana for the weekend, we had a good time, got really close, lasted a little while longer after she left, but ended up deciding our lives where going in different directions.

Like I said, not really gonna give you my advice, just let you take my own experiences for what you will.

Quick Reply: Long Distance Relationship...