Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Look at what I FOUND

Old 05-07-2011, 09:24 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough
Default Look at what I FOUND

So at work Thursday, I was leaving one of my regular customers (Im a truck driver) and went around the building. The neighboring business is a truck tire shop. Im driving by this old tire pile and see a nice mag on top, have a quick look out my window, its sitting on top of 3 other matching tread tires, on top of a DISCARD TIRE PILE... Its got my interest now but Im really busy... I think about this sighting all day. I get off work, and get my buddy to buzz me over there with his SUV for a better look.

Well sure enough, there is wheels in the 3 lower tires too, we toss em in his truck cause its getting dark, and go over to my garage to see what I found.

I found FOUR cool wheels. All 4 rims are fine, there is slight curb rash but thats expected with used wheels. The 2 ruined tires might have been run flat although the damage is only to the inside edges, so Im thinking they rubbed the struts.

Motegi MR15 is the wheel, and size is 18inch. 4x100 and 4x110 are the pattern - they will fit his fancy little rice burning Mitsu Lancer. There is 2 tires with about 90% tread remaining, and 2 tires that are cut to hell on the inside and flattened which also were like new. Whatever car they were on, it seems the inside of the front tires was rubbing the struts and ruined the tires. Maybe the owner had too much money and just bought a new set? Maybe he had them on something they werent supposed to fit? Who knows, they are my buddies now not the tire recyclers...

All 4 tires are "Champiro - 215/35 ZR18"

So now my buddys gotta buy 2 tires, which we ordered on Ebay for about 170 each shipped.

Best find in a scrap pile of my life. Have a look. I dont know why the photo is so small...?

Last edited by ohsofly; 05-14-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:41 AM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

thats better than the 100 i found in an atm machine =p (not being sarcastic i actually did find 100)

Old 05-10-2011, 11:10 PM

When I was a kid, my and a friend were playing in the ravine and found this cool blue bird that was totally friendly and flew to us. It was talking and jumping allover us. We hung around it and were taking it home when some guy stopped to claim it and gave us each 100 bucks. It was his Blue/Gold McCaw that flew away in a breeze. I think this is when I first got addicted to birds actually.

Ive never found more than 20 bucks that went unclaimed. I used to find wallets when I worked in bars and nightblubs, but I would just check the ID and walk around till I found the owner, never took their money. Some poeple would tip me for being honest.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:32 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

nice...ive found cool stuff before, but its escaping my mind what it was

Old 05-13-2011, 10:08 PM
Beginning Member
diRteh is on a distinguished road

I found a cheapy velcro wallet with 5 fifty dollar bills in it..

Nothing else.. not even lint..

Only thing I ever found that was worth a crap..

I think yer buddy owes you a few beers!!

Old 05-13-2011, 10:22 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

great find dude, I'm always on the look out for nice free stuff. me and a buddy just built a deck and we furnished it with rich people's patio furniture that is perfectly fine they put out for the trash. lol now alls we need to find is a couch...

Old 05-14-2011, 10:28 PM

Couple years ago my kid brother bought a nice mower, took it home, it wouldnt start, he had lost the receipt and bought another (too much money he has) and gave me the broken one. Coil was not sparking. Ive had it in my garage since then. My dads buddy asked if I wanted his old mower this week, I said sure since mine isnt running. Its THE SAME mower. He gave it to me cause its leaking gas and he got a new one. I took it home, put a new oring on the carb bowl, and got another new mower. Plus I have every part in spare but the coil... Man I love free stuff.

I purchased a total of four AT Cross pen/pencil sets from a seller on Ebay (I collect fine writing instruments), for some reason they refunded all my money a month after I had received my last item - Now I have a couple hundred bucks in credit on my Paypal account... Another freebie score.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:31 PM
Banned
BlazerRat is on a distinguished road

I found a perfectly good push mower set out as rubbish by my neighbor. Used it for 10 years with no problems. Surprising what people will toss out as garbage. Some folks are just short on time and don't place a value on their cast offs. It pays to keep an eye peeled on your neighbors trash pile.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:46 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Dang, wish I could find something like that just lying around.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:02 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Neighbour down the street had put an old snow blower to the road. When I asked what was wrong with it he said "I doesn't have spark and they want $250 bucks to fix it. It's not worth it so I bought a new one"

He let me take it, and after draining the old fuel out, cleaning the carb and finding a wire pinched between the cowl and the head of the motor which was grounding the ignition coil, it fired right up. We used it for 2 winters and then sold it for 200 bucks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Look at what I FOUND