Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Looking to get a new truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Starting Member
FlatTopFoley has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default Looking to get a new truck

So my poor 96 aint doing too well. Clutch is going out, and I got a feeling the transfer case and tranny would be close after it. I am gonna try to keep her, but need something more reliable. Also my mechanic is saying no matter what, she is going to keep sucking money out of me. Been thinking about one of these

The way I see it, best of both worlds. A 4 door so I can still haul people around or my dog, and the little bed for hauling materials if I ever had too. The current price I see for a 2002 under 100k miles is 8-9 thousand dollars. Anyone ever have any experience with these trucks?

Old 02-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Man I wish I could find one for 8-9k. They are some sweet trucks. when I wrecked my blazer a year ago. The first think I looked for was a crew s-10. Couldnt get one fore less then 11K even with over 100k miles. Still cant. I say if you find one, snag it. They are hard to come around.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:40 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

My fiancee's grandfather had one since new and its a sonoma, but same thing... I want to say 04 with about 160-180k miles on it.... Drives it every where no problems.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Unlimitedsp
Man I wish I could find one for 8-9k. They are some sweet trucks. when I wrecked my blazer a year ago. The first think I looked for was a crew s-10. Couldnt get one fore less then 11K even with over 100k miles. Still cant. I say if you find one, snag it. They are hard to come around.
all the ones I've seen around here have sold under 10K. My main problem is getting money together. My line of work doesnt have set hours every day so its kinda hard. Work goes up work goes down

Worse case would be while trying to save up the money, my 96 goes out. hopefully by that time I can have at least 5k saved up, and am looking at 4dr blazers. but the ultimate goal is a the S10 crew cab.

Last edited by FlatTopFoley; 02-03-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:02 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

is that what the boxes of a crew cab Dime look like?

seriously, that looks like that Nissan crap from a few years ago. i think it was Nissan, the wheel opening ended like that, only had a 4 foot box on it.

wait-it looks like those Ford...............what the hell ar they..............Escape's? (gonna Google it....................[waiting].................................) sorry, it was the Explorer Sport trac (fugly if you ask me).

you sure you didn't PS that pic you posted? i don't see many of them, but i've never noticed the box being like that.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:58 PM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

No it's factory. Seen a few up here.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:33 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
is that what the boxes of a crew cab Dime look like?

seriously, that looks like that Nissan crap from a few years ago. i think it was Nissan, the wheel opening ended like that, only had a 4 foot box on it.

wait-it looks like those Ford...............what the hell ar they..............Escape's? (gonna Google it....................[waiting].................................) sorry, it was the Explorer Sport trac (fugly if you ask me).

you sure you didn't PS that pic you posted? i don't see many of them, but i've never noticed the box being like that.
I dunno, I love em. I was also a huge fan of the Avalanche when it came out too. Go figure

Old 02-04-2010, 08:03 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Go full sized?

Old 02-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Beginning Member
Becca is on a distinguished road

I'd love to find one of those for a reasonable price. Or even an extended cab 4x4 S10 for a reasonable price. Or a blazer for a reasonable price. lol Everyone around here seems to want $8000 and up for vehicles with close to 200,000 miles (or more) and at least 12 years old.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

I also like the 4DR S10s, especially the ZR2 versions! It's the only way to get four doors and a stick in an S truck, because all 4DR Blazers are automatics. Extremely rare these days.

Hey, just slap a cap on it and it's almost a Blazer.

Quick Reply: Looking to get a new truck