Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

M***** f*****

Old 01-30-2010, 10:23 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Angry M***** f*****

So anyone who has been seeing me post stuff, pretty much everything came in... I didnt want to VENT in my build thread, because its just too much pain....

YESTERDAY:
I have the grille, the turn signals come in and waiting....
I stop at a local pull and save, and pick up a hood because the one I ordered, they forgot to charge me sales tax, and they will not ship it until I do, (i did), oh and they did not notify me of this, until I called yesterday.....

I also picked up a center console lid, 6 headlight clips (about the only upside), and air damn along with the sensor that sits on it... (mine never had the full air damn... freaking bastards)

Anyways get to installing the items, and we get all the lights and wire ran, and we wire the halo's in my headlights to the fog light wires, next we install the air damn, and then we install the bumper... so far soo good...

Now its time for the grille!... well the clips were a bitch to get on the grille, as I never did it and neither did the fiancee's father... after probably 20-30 minutes and losing one clip (we had one extra) we got it all ready and began to install the grille, after about 5-10 minutes of play, we got it to snap in, and cracked a piece of it towards the top of the grille... YAY!!!!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!!!

So now on to the turn signals, We put them in and they were lose when we pre fit them to begin with, but thought the lights would hold them, but we install the drivers side, and it wiggles out if you touch it.... I began to install the passenger side, and i pushed a little harder to try to get it to clip... *SNAP*, broke my damn light.... I will be sending them back and asking for a full refund or a pair that fit....

So right now I scavenged my turn signals from the wreck... they are in good condition but it kinda looks like ABN13, because its missing the foglights... lol.... just kidding man.....

To top it off we take it out driving, and I turn on to the highway, and gun it.... POP******

SH*T, we didnt know what it was.... but it didnt do it again.... we get back and realize the hood isnt fully secured.... good thing we got an extra latch from the pull and save on accident.... but after 5 minutes of play it was ready.... pictures will be in my build thread a little later.... she is getting washed.. oh and the hood is not the one I want, but a temporary that I will sell when I get the new one in and painted...

Old 01-30-2010, 10:29 AM
Starting Member
bigjon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Man when it rains it pours don't it. But once you get it all done the way you want it you'll just remember the time you had putting it together and have a good laugh.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:30 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Who were you dealing with for the parts? Sounds like a bunch of monkeys sniffing their own asses could have been more organized.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:32 AM
BF Veteran

I bought most of the stuff off of Ebay, and I emailed the seller for the bumper lights, but they looked nice, they would just fall out if the wind started to blow...

Old 01-30-2010, 11:45 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

wait.... your corners look like mine? toss those sh*ts in a fire then. mine are ugly as sin AND as you so lovingly pointed out, have 0 fog light action/access so they fill the roll of giant, ugly, usless, amber markers..... whee!

sorry your crap is going together so roughly.... think of it this way though: the next time a deer jumps in front of you, lower your head a bit (for protection) and send the accelerator to the floor mat, that way you can total it out and get a sweet down payment on that 2010 Camry you've spoken so highly of....

kidding, now you will be the MASTER of front end reassembly

Last edited by ABN31B; 01-30-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:09 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Camary= Camaro or Camry?

Old 01-30-2010, 01:04 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by ABN31B
wait.... your corners look like mine? toss those sh*ts in a fire then. mine are ugly as sin AND as you so lovingly pointed out, have 0 fog light action/access so they fill the roll of giant, ugly, usless, amber markers..... whee!
Lol... wait for the pictures... I thought you were the guy who had the tooth put back in... Like... I have the stock ambers and fogs, without the fogs... lol.... so there are two lil gaps... I will go take pictures right now! lol

Old 01-30-2010, 01:26 PM
BF Veteran
Default Update

noticed that the clear lights fit the previous grille, much better... even the broken one... I think the problem was with the grille...

Here are pictures

*edit*

The picture of the crack is actually upside down...

Attached Thumbnails M***** f*****-img00058-20100130-1307.jpg   M***** f*****-img00057-20100130-1306.jpg   M***** f*****-img00055-20100130-1306.jpg  

Last edited by wlorton; 01-30-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:40 PM
giod is an unknown quantity at this point

My grille and bumper lights came off ebay. The clips are a B*tch to get on and I had to be super careful to keep the grille from cracking.

Also my bumper lights wouldn't stay on either, got under the truck and looked at em from behind and realized the little wing clip thats supposed to hold them in wasn't seated all the way because there was a bit too much plastic.
5 minutes and a file fixed that, fit nice and snug now.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:03 PM
BF Veteran

You guys didn't consider getting you grille's from LMC? or was it cheaper going the route you did?

Search this Thread