Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Maryland judge decrees Pontiac G8 illegal.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:02 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough
Default Maryland judge decrees Pontiac G8 illegal.

http://jalopnik.com/5589270/maryland...lights-illegal

A Maryland judge issued an $85 fine to the owner of a Pontiac G8 GT for illegal tail lights, despite being factory-installed and approved by the US Department of Transportation. She's promised to keep fining him. Judicial activism, FTL!

Someone needs to be thrown off the bench.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you read into it a bit more, it seems like the guys is not telling the whole truth. There definitely is more going on than is actually being communicated due to one of his replies on the g8board about how he showed them the taillights and pictures and now things seem proper... Who knows, maybe he was being an a$$hat and the cop wrote him up for something. It just seems like there is more going on than what this guy is stating.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:34 PM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

factory installed? didnt look like it to me nor did i think the factory tinted tail lights. thank god i live in florida and no one gives a damn about tail lights as long as they light up.

Old 07-17-2010, 11:05 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by swartlkk
If you read into it a bit more, it seems like the guys is not telling the whole truth.......
there's 2 sides to every story.

and if that is indeed his car pictured (on that link you provided Matt), then he definately isn't telling the whole truth.

and if that is indeed his car, then that asshat deserves the fine. i actually thought the lenses wre painted completely black @ first glance.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:07 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

I don't believe half this guy's story. His mate's on that forum sound suspect too! LOL

Old 07-18-2010, 12:11 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

I do think their is a chance that the suspect was being belligerent with the cop, but the tailights are indeed stock equipment. Those are the stock lights on the G8 GT, and in all honesty, the cop should have known better. Their are 30,000 some odd G8s on the road, and probably about half are the V8 model. Now, I do feel the guy might be hiding some facts, but he shouldn't be charged a fine for legal lights.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:37 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cbr995
I do think their is a chance that the suspect was being belligerent with the cop, but the tailights are indeed stock equipment. Those are the stock lights on the G8 GT, and in all honesty, the cop should have known better. Their are 30,000 some odd G8s on the road, and probably about half are the V8 model. Now, I do feel the guy might be hiding some facts, but he shouldn't be charged a fine for legal lights.
I agree ^ They look stock to me.. and he's not at fault for that, but I def think there's another side. And I'm glad he got a ticket (for swearing at an officer)

Old 07-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that is his truck in the article link posted. In the thread on g8boards.com, there are pictures of his car with the tinted (near black) tails and then his description that he has cut the lights apart and modified them inside. Sorry, but DOT#'s are for the stock lights with no modifications. You've gotta pay to play.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:15 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

There will always be a clown who thinks he's quicker than the law and then wants to cry with half-truths when he gets caught. Some will believe and some won't.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:49 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think that is his truck in the article link posted. In the thread on g8boards.com, there are pictures of his car with the tinted (near black) tails and then his description that he has cut the lights apart and modified them inside. Sorry, but DOT#'s are for the stock lights with no modifications. You've gotta pay to play.

see Matt, Craig, Kyle saw the same pic's i did. they definately ain't "stock".

and Kyle, you nailed it with your last line.

I Sorry, but DOT#'s are for the stock lights with no modifications. You've gotta pay to play.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Maryland judge decrees Pontiac G8 illegal.