Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Mazda headlight question-no not a blazer but i could use some suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Mazda headlight question-no not a blazer but i could use some suggestion

alright so im working on this car at school. its a 95 mazda sedan. not sure on the model though. anyways when you have the headlights on and turn the turn signals on it turns the headlights off. doesn't matter if the headlights are on high or low. i should mention the high beams do not work at all. i've never seen a vehicle do this before where it turns the headlights off when the turn signal is on. its not a fuse because if you turn the turn signal off it will turn the headlights back on. what gives. im thinking of changing the bulbs in the headlights out first and see if it works. anyone seen this before on a blazer or a mazda or could point me in the right direction.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:40 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

You havent noticed that most new chryslers do that too? Its so that the signal is easier to see when you are turning. I didnt know mazdas did it too though.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:53 AM
Starting Member
midnightmekanik is on a distinguished road

95 mazdas don't do that light shut off thing when turning. I had an MX6 that did the same, it was the switch. Get one from a scrapper.... They cost ~$300 new

Old 02-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ohsofly
You havent noticed that most new chryslers do that too? Its so that the signal is easier to see when you are turning. I didnt know mazdas did it too though.
she cant see at dark though and may hit someone. not a saftey feature.

Originally Posted by midnightmekanik
95 mazdas don't do that light shut off thing when turning. I had an MX6 that did the same, it was the switch. Get one from a scrapper.... They cost ~$300 new
alright so same exact symptoms? i also found the connector into the bulb had some insulation stripped back and resting against the frame. so it has a short. haven't had time to fix that though. i heard the switches were pricey and she was worried she'd have to get rid of the car.