Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

McDonalds is in BIG trouble

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Starting Member
matt9589 is on a distinguished road
Angry McDonalds is in BIG trouble

To start off, My uncle has been in the army (101st Airborne) for 22 years and retired last year. He is a bronze star with valor recipient, and has a total deployed time of around 6 years. He has bean blown up multiple times leading to a traumatic brain injury and suffered shrapnel wounds. HE also has severe PTSD. Because of this he owns 2 service dogs. a Boston terrier and something else (weird name cant remember). Service dogs are legally aloud to go ANYWHERE he goes (restaurants, stores, malls, etc). Yesterday he went to a mcdonalds down the street from me for lunch. he went in to eat. immediately the store manager came to him and made him leave the restaurants!!!!!!!!!!!!! I emailed the compeny today. and he is going after them with evrything. This is wrong in every way! Just thought you guys/ girls should know about this..

*PLEASE DO NOT DEBATE PTSD OR THE USE OF SERVICE DOGS ON MY THREAD!

Old 02-07-2013, 08:41 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

You know what I would have done, I would have told the manager to f-off.. and I would have sat there and finished my meal. Told them to call the police or something.
because that is just bull****. Service dogs when licensed, are aloud anywhere.

You should have stood your ground, got the police involved, and a report filed. Not saying it will be hard to make a law suit out of this, but it would have been easier with a police report, Right now, it will be your work against the managers.

Sorry that happened to your uncle. nobody should ever be ousted like that.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:24 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

that sucks. id sue em,and demand free mcdonalds for life. lol

Old 02-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chris015
that sucks. id sue em,and demand free mcdonalds for life. lol
i think that would actually shorten your life.... just saying.

i hope that you stick it to McDonald's at any rate. they should have paid attention to the news a few months, and years ago when all this kind of stuff hit the fan and people lost all kinds of money. good luck to you and thanks for the service to the country!

Old 02-07-2013, 09:37 PM
rockp2 will become famous soon enough

This is the type of stories Fox News loves. They go after anyone that treats vets wrong. Go on their website and submit the story to them. If all the facts are as you laid out, I bet you they jump on this one.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:48 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Same thing happened in Wetaskiwin AB a fee months ago. Blind guy got kicked out cause people complained about the dog. There was a big stink about it. People said the dog smelled, doesn't matter if it was flea ridden and rabid - its a service dog, it can be anywhere its owner can. Period.

Most folks in wetaskiwin don't go there anymore cause of this. The only reason it is still open is cause there is an Indian reserve a few miles away and they don't care about anything, nevermind what's right.

Last edited by ohsofly; 02-07-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:07 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

That is absolute BS, he should have given the dog some McDonalds so it could have dropped a Dutch (thats what we call dog s*#t in my house) right there at the managers feet. Please do me a favor and thank your uncle for me for his service and give his service dogs a treat for me.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:40 AM
Starting Member
Rumblur is on a distinguished road

a boston terrier? what service does it provide? I'm 110% behind allowing true service animals in anywhere, but every service animal I've ever seen has been a large breed with a pleasant disposition. BT's are notorious anklebiters of a slight size.

McDonald's does a lot of good for a lot of charities. They are the standard by which all other businesses are judged. One asshat manager should not reflect on the ENTIRE corporation. Besides, there's not enough info in this post to pass judgement.

I respect your uncle's accomplishments and this in no way slights him or the embarrassment he received. I'm just not one for knee-jerk reactions without all the info. That would be like someone saying that had one bad day with their Blazer and boycotting GM.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:48 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Rumblur
a boston terrier? what service does it provide? I'm 110% behind allowing true service animals in anywhere, but every service animal I've ever seen has been a large breed with a pleasant disposition. BT's are notorious anklebiters of a slight size.

McDonald's does a lot of good for a lot of charities. They are the standard by which all other businesses are judged. One asshat manager should not reflect on the ENTIRE corporation. Besides, there's not enough info in this post to pass judgement.

I respect your uncle's accomplishments and this in no way slights him or the embarrassment he received. I'm just not one for knee-jerk reactions without all the info. That would be like someone saying that had one bad day with their Blazer and boycotting GM.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:59 AM
trobbins is on a distinguished road

Man it seems like mcdonalds has been getting hurt alot lately in all diff states. tell your uncle to get his vet buddies with service dogs and go to lunch lol

Quick Reply: McDonalds is in BIG trouble