Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Might be moving! Where should I go to?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 05:03 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JTalley
We were thinking about Canada but decided against it because of the difficulties in obtaining citizenship.

And I definitely plan on bringing my Blazer. After selling all the junk that Dad left at the house, I intend to get everything fixed professionally (not my rigging work) and get a new paint job too.

I even invited my friends, especially the ones who fought side by side to help me out a while ago. They've about had it with this place and I'm hoping they'll come along. I hope I can get a camper. I've been looking all over the place for a decent one, but it's hard to get a good one for cheap, especially here.
Bah just claim refugee status! Ha. Its worth it (Except for the cold). I know 2 people who have moved to canada, one from venezuela and the other from finland, but then again they both married a canadian so that im sure made it a bit easier.

As for a camper check out copart.com theres a bunch of junked stuff but there is some other stuff that is not bad, i was eyeing up a hail dented camper before, so what if the outside is dented, it makes it more aero, speed dimples.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

dont move to Cali, you will never be able to afford it

Old 01-19-2011, 06:24 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah cost of living in Cali is ridiculous. I don't think I would ever move there unless I had to!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:17 PM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 01vortec
I think the more responsible thing to do is do your own research.
Like I said, though, I was wanting to move where there were actually some forum members. They live in these towns, and probably have lived in them for a while, so they know more than I ever could guess with only some research.

Getting up and moving usually doesn't work out unless you have a ton of money, or a place to stay and a job to go to as soon as you get there.
We're in a situation where we have several people out to get us. I don't mean we're paranoid, I mean these people actually are out to get us. You don't even wanna know what they've done, and I certainly don't wanna go into it here. Let's just say that it would be the best thing for us to get up and go.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:29 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

..................... I even had one person print that whole thread off and hand it to the police..............
someone from the forum?!! or are we talkin' about some ***-hat that knows you were on here, sharing what s**t was going on in your life with us?

pretty ballsy of them. i'd like to kick them in.............

Originally Posted by 01vortec
I think the more responsible thing to do is do your own research.
Like I said, though, I was wanting to move where there were actually some forum members. They live in these towns, and probably have lived in them for a while, so they know more than I ever could guess with only some research.

i think he was simply saying, don't just take our word for it.

while a member who is suggesting his home town/area may have the best intentions in mind, he/she is already established in that community, with family & either a job or schooling to fill his life.

since you & your Mom would be starting over again, it would be in your best interest to look into the local employment opportunities and social connections.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:40 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Agreed, start calling and mailing some Resume's around for you and your mother. Hopefully with you dad out of the picture you two will get along better, she may have bene projecting her anger and frustrations about your father onto you. Time will tel.

Good luck.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:45 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
someone from the forum?!! or are we talkin' about some ***-hat that knows you were on here, sharing what s**t was going on in your life with us?

It's not someone from the forum. I don't wanna call names here, the person is apparently watching the forum like a hawk, twisting everything I say to make it look bad. One ambiguous word and I'll likely find myself in the slammer. He's even using things that other members have posted and attributing them to me! I'd like to get a different username so he won't be able to find me again, but I know the rules about that.

What I don't get is how he took that thread and used it against me. That thread was riddled with the highly illegal things my dad has done, and if they're willing to believe that two jokes are to be taken dead serious, then all the stuff I revealed about Dad should've been taken seriously as well. I don't wanna get into this too much here, though, so PM me later if you wanna hear about this.

while a member who is suggesting his home town/area may have the best intentions in mind, he/she is already established in that community, with family & either a job or schooling to fill his life.

since you & your Mom would be starting over again, it would be in your best interest to look into the local employment opportunities and social connections.

I thought he meant not to even ask the members... I feel thoroughly stupid at this point.

I'm pretty much decided on Statesboro, so...

(I'm starting to use the icons now, so bear with me while I have some fun with them)

Old 01-19-2011, 11:48 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

if someone on the forum is "watching you" why are you posting a thread stating you're moving away and where you're going to be moving to?

It'll just make them want to follow you if it is indeed as bad as you say.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:51 PM
Starting Member

He might be creepy, but he's not drive-cross-country-just-to-be-creepy creepy. I'm not worried. I'm just worried what will happen before I move.

I actually know this guy in person, and I know that he won't follow me if I leave. Especially since I plan on getting a paint job and a new license plate for Neko.

Last edited by JTalley; 01-19-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:53 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

hmmm... if it's as bad as you're saying, perhaps laying low would be best...

Quick Reply: Might be moving! Where should I go to?