Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Mild Off-roading with kids in the truck

Old 03-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Beginning Member
98blaze4wd is on a distinguished road
Cool Mild Off-roading with kids in the truck

So i need some help here guys i have a 2 year old and a 1 year old and when i pull off the paved road and climb a small hill with them and my wife in the truck she yells at me that its gonna hurt the girls. they are securely strapped into their car seats which are securely strapped into my truck so they are fine just as long as im crawling and not doing 20mph+ over rocks and bumps and stuff in my opinion right?
if i am wrong please TELL me dont yell i get enough of that at home!

Old 03-25-2011, 02:11 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you dont go nuts. I guess the main thing to watch is the 1 year olds head, how much its moving around on bumps and stuff.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Beginning Member
98blaze4wd is on a distinguished road

thx i agree i will go buy them neck support pillows so she cant say anything.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

And a helmet.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:46 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

I grew up in the pass side seat of a 1959 chevy sitting on a 78 blazer running gear and dad wasn't afraid to get all 4 wheels off the ground. I remember being 4 or 5 and dad would put it in granny low, tell me to take the wheel, and then get out and walk to the pass side while I drove around in the field. Hell my 3 y/o can sit in the middle of my truck and already shift to the correct gears.

What you are doing is not gonna hurt those kids. As long as you aint out trying to act like a CORE truck or racing the KOH nothing is gonna happen but the girls and you are gonna have fun while an overprotective mother haves a heart attack.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:05 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

I think it can only benifit your kids in the long run , learning important things like wheel placement and such . But a helmet and neck brace couldn't hurt . I grew up on a farm so I was driving tractors , feild cars , Heck when I was like five I used to drive a freightliner behind the corn chopper and I couldn't push the clutch and see over the steering wheel at the same time .

Old 03-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Starting Member
BlazinClinton is on a distinguished road

builds character if you ask me. if they dont like it, kids that young usually cry. even if they dont like veggies. my daughter loves driving over stuff in my truck, but shes 4 now...

Old 03-25-2011, 08:25 PM
OMAHN is on a distinguished road

I agree, that as long as you don't go nuts and the girls don't cry it would be fine. By they way My wife is the same way. So I would go just a little nuts so my son would life and I could say see he likes it, then I would get slugged.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:29 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Get the support pillow and they should be fine... Hell you have 2 future offroaders in those seats, might as well teach them to be safe now!

Old 03-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Beginning Member
96BLAZE is on a distinguished road

when i was younger, i always loved riding in my dad's k5 while he plowed our 2 acre yard in the winter

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mild Off-roading with kids in the truck