Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Moon

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 12:44 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough
Default Moon

I was looking at the Moon and Jupiter tonight and said why not try to take some pictures. So I grab my Kodak EasyShare 12 mega pixel camera and put the lense up to the eye piece on the Mead 70mm-700mm Telescope and tried to snap some pics. The ones of Jupiter did not come out clear. Through the telescope you can see the color bands on Jupiter and what looks like some its moons but I am not sure of that.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:04 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Hey the moon looks like that down her too but just upside down.LOL
Nice pic though!!

Old 09-22-2010, 03:38 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

That's what wrong. Couldn't figure it out.
Yea man -pictures upside down - or is it the wrong way round? LOL j/k nice shot. Might try that myself only we get so much rain this time of year not sure the moon is still up there!

Old 09-22-2010, 05:38 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Great shot!

Old 09-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

WOW! beautiful!

Old 09-22-2010, 03:06 PM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

did anyone else see this??

Old 09-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

The Moon rabbit, also called the Jade Rabbit, is a rabbit that lives on the moon in folklore, based on pareidolia that identifies the markings of the moon as a rabbit. The story exists in many cultures, particularly in East Asian folklore, where it is seen pounding in a mortar and pestle.[1][2] In Chinese folklore, it is often portrayed as a companion of the moon goddess Chang'e, constantly pounding the elixir of life for her; but in Japanese and Korean versions it is just pounding the ingredients for rice cake.

In the Buddhist Śaśajātaka (Jataka Tale 316),[3] a monkey, an otter, a jackal, and a rabbit resolved to practice charity on the day of the full moon (Uposatha), believing a demonstration of great virtue would earn a great reward.
When an old man begged for food, the monkey gathered fruits from the trees and the otter collected fish, while the jackal wrongfully pilfered a lizard and a pot of milk-curd. The rabbit, who knew only how to gather grass, instead offered its own body, throwing itself into a fire the man had built. The rabbit, however, was not burnt. The old man revealed himself to be Śakra and, touched by the rabbit's virtue, drew the likeness of the rabbit on the moon for all to see. It is said the lunar image is still draped in the smoke that rose when the rabbit cast itself into the fire.

Last edited by BresBlazy; 09-22-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:14 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

that was a great shot Tony.

the moon was 10000W @ my place, the night before last. i turned out the bedroom light, and it looked like it was still on.

i could actually read the cover of one of my mags!

Old 09-23-2010, 01:44 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
that was a great shot Tony.

the moon was 10000W @ my place, the night before last. i turned out the bedroom light, and it looked like it was still on.

i could actually read the cover of one of my mags!

LOL.I gather you get them for the articles and not the pictures.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:08 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by foxxie
LOL.I gather you get them for the articles and not the pictures.
LOL Only a Kiwi . . . sorry guys! Just can't take this guy anywhere! Except back to appologise! LOL

Quick Reply: Moon