Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

motorcycle riders caution

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 11:47 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ol' grouch
I'm just the opposite. I ride just a little faster than traffic. I've been nearly run over from behind on numerous occasions. I also carry large metal washers in my vest or jacket pockets. When a car gets really close, as in I can't see the front bumper in my mirrors close, I flip a washer over my shoulder. I also hog the entire lane. If I'm with another bike, I'll ride offset from them. Allow a car to share your lane and you are asking for trouble. I've sat at a light and had one try to creep past me to turn. I'm not afraid to slam my fist on a fender or kick a door to stop that. I watched a guy once get pushed over by a car doing that.
Do that stuff to the wrong person and bad things would happen. I am careful around motor cycles, but if some jack person thought I was too close, or I was just trying to turn, and they punched the truck, or flipped metal washers at it, I would hop out of the truck next light and beat the crap out of them

Side note, there is this little 19 year old idiot that lives down the block that just got a sport bike, Just waiting for this dummy to crash. I live across the street from a park, that is ALWAYS full of kids, this moron will go down the block at 90mph doing a partial wheelie, blowing through stop signs at either end of the block

Old 05-08-2013, 05:23 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I hate that sport bike riders are associated with that kind of jackassery.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:31 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Thogert
I hate that sport bike riders are associated with that kind of jackassery.
I know, it drives me nuts, I personally do not ride a bike, but there are bike riders that are responsible, then you have the idiots. Seems like more idiots than not, unfortunately.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
Do that stuff to the wrong person and bad things would happen. I am careful around motor cycles, but if some jack person thought I was too close, or I was just trying to turn, and they punched the truck, or flipped metal washers at it, I would hop out of the truck next light and beat the crap out of them

I rolled my bike back to my pickup once and measured it. I was three feet from my truck to not see the bumper. If you are three feet off my tail at 60 mph, why would I not be unhappy?
I watched one of the little darlings at the local University cut off a motorcycle once and keep on going. Even after the rider lit up his red and blue lights and hit the Federal box. Just remember the immortal words of Elwood Blues. "You can outrun a Chevy, you can outrun a Dodge and you can even outrun a Ford but you can't outrun a Motorola". Two more motorcycle cops, a city patrol car and even a State Trooper got the little darling stopped. They were not amused.
I respect other drivers and won't bother their wheels. However, I do not suffer fools gladly.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:47 PM
BF Veteran

I rolled my bike back to my pickup once and measured it. I was three feet from my truck to not see the bumper. If you are three feet off my tail at 60 mph, why would I not be unhappy?
I watched one of the little darlings at the local University cut off a motorcycle once and keep on going. Even after the rider lit up his red and blue lights and hit the Federal box. Just remember the immortal words of Elwood Blues. "You can outrun a Chevy, you can outrun a Dodge and you can even outrun a Ford but you can't outrun a Motorola". Two more motorcycle cops, a city patrol car and even a State Trooper got the little darling stopped. They were not amused.
I respect other drivers and won't bother their wheels. However, I do not suffer fools gladly.
In that case, I can see that being a problem, People who get that close to motorcycles in cars are just idiots as well. So it goes both ways in this situation.

Idiot motorcycle drivers "hotdogging" it (yes, bringing that back)
and then idiot drivers that tail gate motorcycles. Both need to be aware of everything

Old 05-09-2013, 05:23 AM
247monster will become famous soon enough

when i was like 13 or 14 i watched a lady in a mini van pull out of a mc Ds in front of a kid on a GSXR, we where acouple cars behind the gixer but i noticed it becuse i have always had a thing for them...anyways..this lady went to pull out and didnt look or didnt see him but all i saw was the guy being sent sailing over his bike and over the van and hit the ground like a rag doll (the street we where on was 45 mph and he was going 50...55)

luckily my dads was a first responder and so we pulled in and he ran to the rider and did what he could before the emts showed up. the amazingly thing was he could get up with alittle help but i guess my dad said his arm was shattered pretty much, he wasnt sure if he stuck his hand out when he hit the van or when he hit the ground.

Old 05-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
Idiot motorcycle drivers "hotdogging" it (yes, bringing that back)
and then idiot drivers that tail gate motorcycles. Both need to be aware of everything

Put in some LDR days and when you stop, you'll hear about "Squids". Squids are what long distance riders call the kids who wheelie everywhere, hammer as fast as possible and so on. They're called that because Squids are soft and squishy.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:08 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

Put in some LDR days and when you stop, you'll hear about "Squids". Squids are what long distance riders call the kids who wheelie everywhere, hammer as fast as possible and so on. They're called that because Squids are soft and squishy.

we probably all have all been Squids at some time or another

Old 05-09-2013, 07:12 PM
BF Veteran

LOL soft and squishy...
and rexazz2.. squids in one way or another. I never liked going fast in a car. But I did other stupid crap.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:14 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Attached Thumbnails motorcycle riders caution-nosquid.gif  

Quick Reply: motorcycle riders caution