Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Netflix anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 03:48 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Netflix anyone?

Anyone use Netflix? specifically on xbox/PS3?

The deal is for $7.99/month (1st month free) you can stream tv show's/series and movies right to your tv through your game system.

only catcher is the quality is dependent on connection speed, but when my only other option for where i live is satellite, it seems like a great deal. I just downloaded it and threw on a hd cartoon, just to see how it was. I pay $85/month for 2MBps download and 250Kbps up, very expensive, and thats JUST internet. so paying for a satellite would be a little much.

but anyway, it shows your net connection in bars on netflix and i got only half, 2 out of 4 bars streaming hd but its still better than the free TFC (three ****in' channels) that ive been using for a year and a half.

just thought id check out other peoples experiences, for $8, im just happy i dont have to keep watching my dvd's over and over

should probably mention im on a xbox360 with a 32" sharp aquo's set at 720p

Old 02-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive watched netflix on my computer and Ps3. Whenever I play it through my ps system that's on a 1080p tv it is always fuzzy the first 10-20sec but not bad it fixes itself. The only beef I have with netflix is alot of the older and not so popular movies I enjoy you can't get on instant.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:04 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I had it for a month, and cancelled before they could charge me. Netflix in Canada is absolute crap. There is no good titles (all are old movies you see on TV) because of licensing issues they are having. Not at all worth the 7.99 IMO. But if you want, give the month a try (like I did) and make your choice. You can cancel no problem and they won't charge you. I have a feeling they're having A LOT of Canadians sign up and cancel because of the crap that it is. I know everyone at my work signed up and cancelled right away.
The system itself is great, but the severe lack of titles is what sucks. There are newer movies on network TV for frigs sake.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:02 PM
BF Veteran

i can only actually get 1 of my 3 channels to come through clearly enough to watch, eight bucks is worth it for me, for now. I like how you can watch a whole season of a show, all episodes are in order and such....

Old 02-01-2011, 06:18 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

I am in the one month trial right now. I got the $9.99 option to get the DVDs in the mail. Quality when streaming is garbage, but we have basic Cable internet at the moment. But I like it. I already went through 3 DVDs.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:28 PM
BF Veteran

the sound is surprisingly good as well, but no adjustments. I'll take bad quality video over nothing at all

Old 02-01-2011, 09:30 PM

Same here, but I would opt for the DVDs by mail, too. It's only $9.99 a month and blu-ray is $2 more on top of that.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:38 PM
BF Veteran

i dont remember being offered that. but i did read that netflix in the usa is alot better than what we get here.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:51 PM

Ah, forgot you were in Canada. Yeah, according to the other members from up there it isn't as good.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:08 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you live in a rural area. No redbox out by you? Local Mom-n-Pop store got pushed out by the Blockbuster, then Blockbuster went under and they installed a redbox in the local grocery store. I like it b/c it's $1/night and they are located at the places I go anyway. Grocery store, convenience store and sometimes gas stations. Saw one at the pharmacy, too. They're really only beneficial if you're out to those areas anyway, otherwise it's a wasted trip IMHO.

Quick Reply: Netflix anyone?