Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

New Camera, opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 11:05 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future
Default New Camera, opinions?

I'm going to be taking a photography course this fall as my elective at school.

I just want to hear different opinions on cameras like the DSLR or the Rebel series...pros/cons.

I want a mid-range camera, nothing ridiculously expensive, but still pricey enough to be good lol.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:29 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

I use a Sony Cybershot 8.1 megapixel digital camera... works for me. I mainly like digital because I can load and print straight from my pc.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:08 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

If I were buying just any 200 dollar digital I'd be getting a cybershot but I'm looking for something along the lines of what photographers use with the manual zoom/focus. I'd like something that's not too fragile at the same time since it'll be coming with me on off-road adventures, especially during the winter time.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by oktain; 07-06-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Beginning Member
PyroCustoms is on a distinguished road

My dad does semi professional photography at racing events and he uses Nikon. i believe a d90 or some ridiculous priced one with a zoom attachment thats as long as my arm. but he said if i ever wanted a camera to get nothing but a nikon for clear imaging or a kodak for functionability (kodak are all around walmart bc they know the kid factors for fun colors and wear and tear) (nikon might only be found at your local mall imaging shop like it is by me) you can always use google and compare products or bestbuy.com

Old 07-06-2009, 12:59 PM
BF Veteran

ya, I was looking at a Sony a230L, it's only CAD600 bucks and I've had great luck with Sony products in the past. I've also considered Nikon's. I've messed around with my friend's canon REBEL and it's a nice camera.

Thanks. I'll probably go to the camera store by my place and check out the nikons and canons, they let you try them in the store before you buy which is nice.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I am currently looking at the Canon Rebel XSi and the Nikon D60. There is about a $100 difference in the places I have looked so far and I have always liked Canon digital cameras, but have never had a DSLR from either.

My father has a Rebel XS that I really like.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Starting Member
blazeitupdrgonzo is on a distinguished road

I have a Fujifilm Finepix S2000 HD, It has 10 megapixels and it makes really clear pictures. If its on auto its really easy to use, or if i knew what i was doing it has like a thousand settings. haha. It has a zoom lens but it can be swapped out if you choose. It was around $500 , p.s. in canadian dollars. Peace

Old 07-06-2009, 08:55 PM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

i love my rebel xs im still learning all the features of it

Old 07-07-2009, 07:56 AM
BF Veteran

cool, I was wondering when you would come around packofqtips lol, I knew you had a DSLR from some of the pictures in your album.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:59 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

From what I hear Nikons and Rebels are probably the best bang for your buck. They are amazing camera's. Although I've never used one the results from them are clear when you look at pics from them.
My only suggestion is stay away from Kodak camera's. I have 2 of them (for some reason I keep buying them...probably because theyre cheap lol) and they're alright camera's, but having to deal with the stupid EasyShare software is just not worth it.
Let us know what/when you get your new camera. I'd love to see some work with it.

Quick Reply: New Camera, opinions?