Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

new car to cruise with

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 06:37 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new car to cruise with

Picked this up pretty cheap. It's a 62' Thunderbird. 390ci v8 4bbl z code (300hp, 427ftlbs torque) and a 3 speed tranny. It's got some cancer on the bottom of the rockers and behind rear wheels but that will be cut off and new panels welded in this winter. The previous owner repainted it but didn't do a very good job. The plan is to flatblack it and keep all the chrome. The interior is pretty immaculate for the age. It has 44,000 original miles on it. Picked it up for 3 grand, which is a absolute steal. Had a buddy of mine drive it home from syracuse yesterday, 240 mile trip and it ran flawless! I washed it up today and been out cruising around in it. Fun car!

Old 10-27-2010, 06:53 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

To quote Wayne and Garth:

SHWING!!

That is one hell of a find and you will find yourself nuts deep in you know what riding around in that!

Make sure to keep us updated with pics of your progress!

Old 10-27-2010, 07:59 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Although not one of the "prettier" TBirds, I love the style and class! I had a buddy that his folks had a '64 and it amazed all the little things you find. Not only telescopic steering column but side to side. The gages looked like mercury filled thermometers. I loved that car.

Great find at a GREAT price! Particularly with the engine! Would have fit in here a few weeks ago during Cruising the Coast! Enjoy it to the fullest!

Old 10-27-2010, 10:13 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ohsofly
To quote Wayne and Garth:

SCHWING!!****

That is one hell of a find and you will find yourself nuts deep in you know what riding around in that!

Make sure to keep us updated with pics of your progress!
Fixed

That is a sweet ride

Old 10-27-2010, 10:51 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Nice ride there can't wait to see how it turns out should look nice in flat black.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by AJBert
Although not one of the "prettier" TBirds, I love the style and class! I had a buddy that his folks had a '64 and it amazed all the little things you find. Not only telescopic steering column but side to side. The gages looked like mercury filled thermometers. I loved that car.

Great find at a GREAT price! Particularly with the engine! Would have fit in here a few weeks ago during Cruising the Coast! Enjoy it to the fullest!
i agree that it's not one of the prettier tbirds but I simply couldn't pass this deal up. I wasn't looking for a car but I came across this on Craigslist and had to check it out. the slide over wheel is a pretty cool feature, very unique. I like it. The motor is probably getting pulled this winter too and redone to a 430. I'm not sure yet, I don't want to make it "fast" but a little more pep wouldn't hurt. I plan to put different gears in it as the 3.10s in it right now kill the motor

Old 10-28-2010, 04:37 PM

few more pics. Still needs cleaned up under the hood and various parts in the interior.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:44 PM

Well, Now I have an obsession of sorts... headed out to Cleveland Ohio at about 4pm tonight and brought this home...

It's a 61, all original, paid $4,200 for it. 30,000 original miles.

Sorry for phone pics, they're all I have for now. I'll get pics tomorrow.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:50 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

where.did.you.get.your.lottery.ticket.so.i.can.buy .one.there.too

Old 11-29-2010, 09:51 PM

Haha, No lottery ticket. I'm just good at stashing away my money and forgetting about it.

Quick Reply: new car to cruise with