Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

new laptop!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 07:48 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default new laptop!!

Yeah, so after doing a little researching, i found that it would cost me about 300$ to fix my last laptop, so I decided to take that 300$ and put it towards something new. So I got a HP Pavillion G7 17.3" screen, 640g hdd, 6g ram, dolby surround speakers, and it's friggin sweet!!

Name:  photo-1.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  89.2 KB

Old 09-11-2012, 09:31 PM
GP1
GP1 is on a distinguished road

Should've gone w/ an Apple product... Lol! JK man, congrats! I love the feeling of opening a new device.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:11 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

nice specs... I just blew my processor on my desktop..... the 775 sockets suck.... The heat sinks are just terrible.......

Old 09-11-2012, 10:17 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I got the last one too lol. Bought it at Staples, they had the best deal out of Best Buy and PCRichards. Taking it out of the box and opening it was like christmas morning, even though I paid for it lol. My other laptop has a S1 socket and they dont sell that size even on newegg lol. I'd have to buy it used or on some unknown website for 200 something bucks. Then fan i think, and possibly heatsink...and who knows if the hard drive isnt the problem. Just felt it was easier to buy a new one and maybe buy a used cpu and see if I can fix it...my parents said they would buy it from me so they can use it....and it was a xmas present from them :P

Old 09-11-2012, 10:34 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

yea i hear ya there man... they want 160 bucks for my desktop processor new...

its an core 2 duo 3.16 ghz
Im currently was running 2.93 ghz and they want 120 for that one....
I cant ditch this pc because its all custom made with performance parts.

it has 4 gbs of ram with an 2tb hard drive also a 2gb geforce video card... Its running windows 7 unlimited and windows 8 on a different partition.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Umm I use the computer that my work supplied me with! Thats all I know about it lol. Looks like a nice laptop though I need to buy one for my son his only works if you have it plugged in and the second its unplugged it shuts off.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Umm I use the computer that my work supplied me with! Thats all I know about it lol. Looks like a nice laptop though I need to buy one for my son his only works if you have it plugged in and the second its unplugged it shuts off.
Did you try to replace the battery pack?

Old 09-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Lol no thats all way above me!! I am horrible when it comes to computers. Its so old anyway that its time for an upgrade for him anyway. Maybe for xmas I suppose since this thread is like xmas for you lol.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:17 AM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

Sweet! looks like mine but bigger and more HD space. Does it have a AMD or a Intel i series?

Old 09-12-2012, 10:15 PM

It's an Intel i3, it was on sale at all the stores this week oddly, and even more odd was the best deal was at Staples.....they even topped newegg.com but 30$ lol. It's was 649.99 with 120$ instant savings then a 50$ rebate. Newegg was 499.99. I also got a rebate for a free upgrade to windows 8 when it comes out.

Quick Reply: new laptop!!