Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

new project

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 04:34 PM
m3ch is on a distinguished road
Default new project

sooo my dad lent me his thunderbird last summer, and its been down here all summer, im not complaining because i actually love the car, and with the gas prices being high and it does have the 3.8 v6...........i think im going to take it, all i need to do is get it registered here in the states which shouldnt be a problem because it was made in the states

well let me start out here, its all stock it is a 1990, no rust that i can see, some rust on the wheels(dayton type wheels with a bunch of "wire spokes") almost new tires, it is a great summer car, sony xplod mp3 cd player, pioneer 4x6? speakers with 6x9's in the rear, need a new amp to listen to the radio tho............ and its on 215x75x15 i do believe

i need to bring it about 2 hours north to the canadian border to get the OK from the boarder patrol for it to be transfered to the states

will post some pics when i get a chance and find my camera

heres and older one with out the current wheels

and heres one with the blazer

Last edited by m3ch; 03-11-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:40 AM
themidiman is on a distinguished road

nice, i really like the wheels. I had one pretty similar to that bird in high school. I regret the day that i sold it. I loved that car.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:08 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

I'm personally not a fan of the wire wheel look but seems like a nice deal free things are always nice.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:31 PM

well it doesnt look that bad, i didnt like it at first but then it grew on me, it is a nice car, not the fastest but its actually good on gas

Old 03-13-2011, 11:15 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Think gas is expensive there? Its $1.15 a litre here... There is 4.4 litres in a gallon... So my gas is about 5 bucks a gallon here... And I can see the damned Petrocan refinery from my house... Sheesh...

Old 03-13-2011, 03:46 PM

yeah i know how much gas is in canada and its pretty bad

Old 03-13-2011, 04:19 PM
killerabbit is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ohsofly
Think gas is expensive there? Its $1.15 a litre here... There is 4.4 litres in a gallon... So my gas is about 5 bucks a gallon here... And I can see the damned Petrocan refinery from my house... Sheesh...
Do you mean an Imperial gallon? The gallons we use in the United States are 3.8 litres. Still, at $1.15CAD/litre that would convert to about $4.50USD/gallon which is quite a bit more than we're paying.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:07 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by killerabbit
Do you mean an Imperial gallon? The gallons we use in the United States are 3.8 litres. Still, at $1.15CAD/litre that would convert to about $4.50USD/gallon which is quite a bit more than we're paying.
Hmmmm... Didnt really know that. Ive grown up measuring in MM and CM, and weight in KG... It always bugged me when my dad would ask tell me to move something another 2 inches... I was thinking a gallon is like the motor oil jugs I buy, they are a "gallon" or 4.4 litres... Thats where I got the conversion from.

About the bird though, they used to have TBird Supercoupes that were faster than the 5.0 ones. They had a 3.8 supercharged I beleive. I like the spokey wheels too! Yo need to find a set of them tri-spinner blades for the center! Them Tbirds got a nice big truck for fitting some boom into.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Starting Member
BlazinClinton is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by killerabbit
try living in canada and watching all the oil go from here in Alberta to the states and then the more expensive gas comes back from the states...

Old 03-13-2011, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by ohsofly
Hmmmm... Didnt really know that. Ive grown up measuring in MM and CM, and weight in KG... It always bugged me when my dad would ask tell me to move something another 2 inches... I was thinking a gallon is like the motor oil jugs I buy, they are a "gallon" or 4.4 litres... Thats where I got the conversion from.

About the bird though, they used to have TBird Supercoupes that were faster than the 5.0 ones. They had a 3.8 supercharged I beleive. I like the spokey wheels too! Yo need to find a set of them tri-spinner blades for the center! Them Tbirds got a nice big truck for fitting some boom into.
yeah the supercoupes have a superchargers in them

i was talking to a guy who had a supercoupe supercharged of course, with a 6 speed tranny for sale..yes 6 speed not a 5....he only wanted like 900 for it, all good parts, needed steering linkage a steering coloum and a dash

Quick Reply: new project