Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

New truck for me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 08:38 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough
Default New truck for me!!!

So I have been looking into getting a new truck a while now. And today I finally did.

I drove home me new to me 2007 Silverado 4x4. Shes that steel blue color. It has a 4.8L Vortec V8. It came with an Airraid intake and electric fans installed already. 78,000 on the odo. The dealer just put brand new tires and brakes on it. Interior is charcoal cloth, and its fully loaded.

I paid down 3000, and financed 21,000

Ill post some photos of it tomorrow.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the new truck! What body style is it? The newest or the previous style? I like the previous style a bit better than the newest style.

I'm pretty sure that all 2005 and newer fullsize trucks had electric fans from the factory. I'll be swapping in a set of factory fans in my Tahoe when I do the PCM tune from BBP.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:18 PM
Starting Member
Zanders is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
What body style is it? The newest or the previous style? I like the previous style a bit better than the newest style.
Since its an 07' it will have the newer style. The discontinued the previous in 06, and i must agree, it was a better style. Regardless congrats on the new truck, im green with envy.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:21 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Congrats on the new truck cant wait for those pics =)

Old 10-30-2011, 09:22 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Actually I think they continued the previous gen for another year under the "Classic" moniker.

And Congrats, bro! Enjoy the new ride.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:30 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Congrats man! Can't wait for some pics.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:46 PM

Unfortunatley I only get to see her in the dark it seems. Its dark from 6pm till 9am where I live this time of year. But here you all go.

2007 Silverado LT, 83,000kms, still has over 80% on factory brake pads according to the inspector... Means highway miles I would think, 4.8L Vortec V8 - 295hp the net says! Color, Im not sure of the name, but its like what I would call "Steel blue metallic", power seats, charcoal cloth interior, XM Radio and the stereo is loud enough that I wont be upgrading it, OnStar, power mirrors (they fold in too), front buckets with a solid console in the center (doesnt fold into a seat)

Previous owner has installed an AirRaid CIA - Sweet! And those silly chrome winter fronts.

Tires are the exact same size as those M/T's I got for the blazer, so who knows, if I wanna upgrade tires it will just cost me a swapover and I would have to get new ones for the blazer. There is a brand new set of "P" tires on it now, and the "LT" ones I have might be a better idea and would certainly look cooler.

Future Plans / Mods: (Must Haves)
-Hi6 HID mod for sure! All 4500k
-Get a couple spray bombs of my body color.
-Junk the boxliner the dealer put in and spray in my own. Those things are rust traps.
-Ventshades
-Tinted canopy, maybe a tonneau cover or softtop.
-Undercoat it, it still looks like new underneath.
-Crank the front up over an inch to level her out, she sits nose down a tad.
-Remove step bars and black em for the blazer instead (Hide frame from the body lift), Ive hit my leg into them too many times now already!!! Im 6'0" I dont need steps.
-Cool LED tail and roof lights.
-Paint cold fronts body color.
-Scrap some of that chrome (handles, mirrors, accents, step bars)
-Put those horrid gold :icon_puke: bowties on my garage wall and replace with blue ones.
-Possibly a painted grill instead of the chrome
-De-Badge it and find cooler silverado badges on ebay.
-Cool "Baby On Board" sticker for the back.
-See if I can find a way to get that godawful orange reflector out of the headlight housings without buying new lights.
-22s for summertime from those lebs I got the blazers rims from! (This kinda thing depends on how expensive the baby will be)
-20% all the windows myself, Ill try ordering one of those pre-cut kits and do another write up/video on how to properly install it for everyone here and on youtube.

Im gonna have to go join a full size group now too and see what guys are doing with these things. Anyone know any cool fullsize groups?

And dont worry, the Blazers still going to get love. I just am not able to give her the time she needs to get back on the road right now and she will have to spend the winter under construction while I cheat on her with a younger but bigger truck. I dont have to worry about them getting into a catfight in the garage over me though, the Silverado doesnt fit...

Here is the new front end parts and light housings for her when the time comes...

Last edited by ohsofly; 10-31-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:58 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Shes a beauty great buy

Old 11-02-2011, 08:32 PM

Ouch!

At least the V4 mode makes a real difference if you keep your foot out of it.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Nice truck, but $104.9!!!!!!! Almost $0.30 cheaper there!

Quick Reply: New truck for me!!!