The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

new xbox reveal...thoughts anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 10:25 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

*cough* ps3 *cough*

Old 05-22-2013, 10:56 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

You can talk when PS4 comes out.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:41 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Thogert
You can talk when PS4 comes out.
ps4 will SMOKE xbox one... You know why they call it xbox one, because you will only play it for one minute before you throw it in the garbage hahah!

Old 05-23-2013, 06:27 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

to me the only thing that made one system more desirable over another to me was an exclusive game franchise.
nintendo = mario (whatever)
xbox = halo
playstation = various

Old 05-23-2013, 11:26 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Thogert
I'm sure it will be super expensive and probably 80% of people will never use the T.V. or IE switching. I have a computer and a satellite box designed for just those things. I want an xbox for xbox gaming, nothing else.
yeah im the same way, i dont care much for all this fancy garbage they attach to it. from all the gaming programs i watch on youtube. basically you have to install the game on the hard drive and the game will be assigned to your gamer tag so that means no letting friends borrow it unless they take your gamer tag with it.

xbox one (wow what a stupid name, no ones gonna know if youre talking about the first one or the third one) does not require "always online" but does require you to be online once every 24 hours and be online when installing the game so you can register it. so if you lose internet for a hour or so no big deal unless its when you first buy the game.

im just not excited about it at all. it better have some insanely awesome launch titles to make me even consider it. no way would i touch this thing on launch day. seems to me it will be like sim city and just be a disaster. ill sit back and just wait to see what kinda problems it has.

there are still plenty of games i havent played on xbox 360 to keep me busy for a while. i have heard rumors of them disabling live for 360 shortly after "one" comes out, i hope that isnt true

Old 05-23-2013, 11:37 PM
BF Veteran

This will have IE on it? yikes, not only will it be sub par for next gen, it will be easy for hackers to gain access to..

Old 05-23-2013, 11:48 PM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

I was just reading about it tonight. Apparently, you have to install the games onto the console, and you'll end up paying full price even for used games (or some additional fee). You won't be able to loan out games, because anyone trying to use your game will have to pay full price before they can play it (although I'm sure ways to crack this will be found). It's going to have a camera pointed at you constantly, you still need your cable box to use the TV function, the graphics (from what I've seen) don't appear to be significantly better, you'll be SOL if your internet connection of the Xbox network goes down, even for single player games.... honestly, reading about this new Xbox and watching the video of the product demonstration makes me glad that I'm not a gamer, rather than wish that I was one.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:33 AM
Starting Member
Rumblur is on a distinguished road

I am glad to have lived in the age of PC gaming (1994-2010). I can't stand consoles or their horrible controllers. And I really hate being dictated to buy the makers of them.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:47 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about

If the PS3 was so great, it would have had the most consoles sold of any system. Who has that rank? *Cough* the Xbox 360 holds that rank over the PS3. And these systems are getting more advanced yes, the graphics are superb, but not at the price tag they are wanting. I very well may switch to pc gaming here soon since I just built my own computer. I can use my Xbox 360 controller on the pc and just map out what each button is. Pc games allow more people, better connections (internet)/servers, and of course... the graphics lol.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Kreigeist89 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tibby
Pc games allow more people, better connections (internet)/servers, and of course... the graphics lol.

IE Skyrim. PC version with the right computer is unreal.

Quick Reply: new xbox reveal...thoughts anyone?