The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

New To You Vehicles.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Beginning Member
Black_04_Blazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jaxxon
Sorry for the off subject question, but where in the UK are you from Black_04_Blazer? Are you english or just working over there?
I was originally from England, i lived there all my life on the east coast, Lincolnshire. I was in the British Air force.

I moved here November 08 and now am a resident of this fine country

Old 08-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Beginning Member
Jaxxon is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Black_04_Blazer
I was originally from England, i lived there all my life on the east coast, Lincolnshire. I was in the British Air force.

I moved here November 08 and now am a resident of this fine country

Greetings from a fellow brit. I am from Kent, moved over here in March 09 and got married to a wonderful american girl and am now doing all the papers/medical/anything else they need, so I can stay and work here. I use to be in the Royal Engineers.

Sorry for the normal service will now resume

Old 08-28-2009, 08:41 PM
mbrjay is on a distinguished road

Haha I have family in Lincoln. I'm from the South-West myself. Swindon to be precise

Old 08-28-2009, 09:15 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Been driving for 1 week now lol.

97 blazer 69k on the clock, my dad bought it for me and drove it here, it was 800 miles away lol

Just hope i dont wreak her plan on driving her for many years to come

Old 08-30-2009, 12:12 AM
Beginning Member
Jaxxon is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mbrjay
Haha I have family in Lincoln. I'm from the South-West myself. Swindon to be precise

We are here for the contry back, we have seen how you run it and we just don't think your ready to run it alone.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:35 AM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

I bought a 2000 Bonneville and before I could even get it on the road i had to drop new hub bearings, front brakes, rear brakes, tie rod ends, tires, and had to replace the upper intake and the lower intake gasket.... thats what iget for buying a car out of the auction.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:58 PM
bulwaagh is on a distinguished road

Ehh, only owned 4 cars in 18 years.

1st was a little toyota tercel. That thing _just_ _wouldn't_ _die_. I was stupid, didn't do _any_ maintenance. Bought it for $1500 with 80k miles on the clock, drove it for 5 years, sold it for $1500 @ 168k miles. I wish I still had that thing. It couldnt get out of its own way, unless you had a tailwind and going downhill.... In the end, I think it got a few oil changes, new front pads, new exhaust (sucker rusted plum out on me). Damn good car.

2nd was a '95 trans-am. I wianted an F-body because, well, my dad had a 71, my mom, a 72, and my grandmother, a 78 (grandma's was a 6cyl, all camaros). Loved that car, but bought it @ 37 months. That had so many things recalled on it (driveshaft for one) but I was out of warranty. 6 months into ownership, I got hit in the parking lot while I was at work. Then I was late, met a tractor-trailer on my side of a rural road, forgot about weight distribution, did some hedge-trimming @ 60mph through a ditch. The thing didn't drive right since. Another 80k miles, it was just too much to drive in the snow to work (I should have toughed it out, two years of "heavy snow" is unusual for my neck of the woods), I bought my blazer, and unfortunately, let the TA rot (I know, I'm a bad, bad person, but the engine seals were shot, I thought I would repair it later).

Blazer was a demo car, 6 months of use, 10k on the clock, and a heck of a demo. Its been great to me for 6 years. The little things aren't too bad, but those door hinge replacements were a b!@# with no help in the rain....

The only bad thing was as a home-owner, I needed a truck. I missed my firebird too much, so I replaced it with a 5.7L 2nd gen Toyo Tundra.

The blazer still gets my DD duty, since, well, its paid for and thanks to the shift in buying, the trade-in on the lil blazer was yard-sale prices. It still runs great, looks decent. It would look GREAT if the neighbor's GF from a couple doors down didnt rub her black mustang on my front fender. Thanks lady, I totally respect a hit-and-run.

(no, I don't have "proof" because she didn't show her car around here for two weeks, but that white "pinstriping" across her right rear quarter-panel was somewhat satisfying. Besides, a little work with a magic eraser, its all gone, but dammitt, it was the PRINCIPLE of the matter)

I guess I'm lucky, my 3 used cars, only one was "problematic"

Old 09-01-2009, 06:56 AM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive owned 2 cars in two years. My first one was a s-15 never drove it. Bought it for 275 changed every break line in it and sold it for $400. Now i'm currently trying to keep my blazer,that i love, running.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:31 PM
mbrjay is on a distinguished road

So far it seems to be pretty 50-50 while the vehicles that have been a dream and those that have been a nightmare. Keep them coming though, I think this is making for great reading :P

Old 09-02-2009, 01:15 AM
mikeypss is on a distinguished road

I've owned over 40 vehicles in the 23 years of driving. I am running about 80/20 on decent running cars. Most of the cars I've bought were strictly impulse purchases.

My worst car was a 1994 Chevy Caprice police interceptor. 4 years as a cop car and 7 years as a security car. I paid $300.00 for it and the O/D was out. I put about 12,000 miles on it before the transmission completely went out and I sold it for $300.00.

My best car was a 1989 Camaro IROC-Z.

I got my Blazer for a steal it was a repo and I basically paid about $300.00 for it. It had some issues with it and I was able to resolve all of them the first couple of days.

Quick Reply: New To You Vehicles.