Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

The NEW ZR2

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 08:08 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough
Default The NEW ZR2

http://forums.trucktrend.com/70/7890...zr2/index.html

I'd drive one. Twin turbo v6 sounds very interesting. funny to see the zr2 name in a full size

Last edited by Benedict1337; 08-16-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:16 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

If they'd give it more of a pre-runner look like the Raptop I'd be all over it... besides that I just want the engine lmfao

Old 08-16-2010, 09:28 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

They're trying too hard. Headlights are too close to the fender flares. The upper black painted window 'trim' needs to have a body line to help separate it, not just a paint line. Running the black from front to back is also a no-no. Front looks ok, but the back looks like someone forgot to finish painting it. The layered look of A) Bedside, B) Fender, C) Fender flare is a bit much as well.

EDIT: I like the rims though.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:42 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
They're trying too hard. Headlights are too close to the fender flares. The upper black painted window 'trim' needs to have a body line to help separate it, not just a paint line. Running the black from front to back is also a no-no. Front looks ok, but the back looks like someone forgot to finish painting it. The layered look of A) Bedside, B) Fender, C) Fender flare is a bit much as well.

EDIT: I like the rims though.
Good eye

A set of Cut-Out flares will fix that nicely. Since no joe shmoe off the street will have the cash for it. I'm sure there will be upgrades lol.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:47 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

The link you posted has some good points as well. The Raptor is more of a dedicated build whereas the Silvy ZR2 is more of a bolt-on queen.

Doubt we'll see it anyway now that the majority of the ownership does not belong to GM.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:06 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Seen it a while ago.

And I agree, pretty much a pipe dream. Much the same as the 4.8L diesel in a half ton that had so much promise before the bailout.

Though, I'd like both to become realities.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:47 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

it would be cool to see the zr2 revived. I know its only a concept right now so maybe in the next couple years we will see an improved version. The twin turbo v6 sound sound a little outlandish for a pickup... I like the rims as well. too bad they just don't extend the flares on the body I think that would look really mean, and the two tone paint job isn't that great. its a work in progress for now i guess

and once again ford has the superior interior...

Last edited by Benedict1337; 08-16-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:58 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

It's just something for SEMA. I actually prefer the Raptor. Won't ever go into production, but their is talk that the mid-life refresh for the Silverado may have some cues from this concept.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:49 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

550HP. WOW. I saw this article quite some time ago also, but still impressive.

I'm not so sure I like the look of it. Just kind of a big, square block with a powerful engine in it and ZR2 stickers. I do love the exhaust though, that is a gorgeous setup.

I prefer the look of the Raptors from the pictures. The Silvy would look a lot better with some aggressive fender flares, or to at least paint them flat black to match the color scheme they have going on. I give the advantage to the Silvy on interior.

I have seen many of the Raptors in town, and they look a lot less impressive in real life than they do in the pictures. Other than the grille, they look pretty much identical to a stock F-150 to the naked eye.

They also, as with all Ford special editions, will be produced to death. We will start seeing more and more Raptors until they are flat out boring. As with what happens to all Mustang special editions.

In all, I would much rather see a return of a Blazer ZR2 than them pawning the tag off on a bolted together in 2 hours Silverado.

My 2 cents!

Old 08-17-2010, 02:59 AM
Starting Member
Dbam31 is on a distinguished road

sorry you guys, but I would BUY this in a heartbeat, I love the way it looks, EXCEPT that damn carbon fiber look in the front! wtf, riced out zr2's now. FTW!

Quick Reply: The NEW ZR2