Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/)
-   -   Oh that little yota.... (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/oh-little-yota-83014/)

Badco 11-30-2013 09:19 AM

Oh that little yota....

Went to get a rotation done on the GFs Corolla yesterday... shoulda been easy squeezy right? Well, until the inside of the tires were worn down to probably a good 10 sq inches of steel intertwine it was. Brand new sneaks 350. Brakes need all done... 600... Wheel Hub assy needs replaced.... 450... I think all the parts on RockAuto cost about 150.

At least on the bright side, I wasn't beating grandma over the head with a chihuahua. And we have a GoodYear card now so after we pay hers off... New rims and tires for me!

Thogert 11-30-2013 02:11 PM

So why did you take it to a shop for a rotation? That's like an hour long thing if you eat lunch in the middle. And $600 for brakes? For what? I can get new calipers, rotors, and pads for that much.

xgiovannix12 11-30-2013 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Thogert (Post 609518)
So why did you take it to a shop for a rotation? That's like an hour long thing if you eat lunch in the middle. And $600 for brakes? For what? I can get new calipers, rotors, and pads for that much.

Shops over charge so much these days :icon_cankick:

All that work could of been done for way cheaper

rexazz2 11-30-2013 09:16 PM

Goodyear garages all seem to have disappeared in this area
They were known for quoting work that wasn't needed and the illusion of a $49 brake job
My brother inlaw took a car there for an oil change that he had just bought
When he went back to get his car they had a laundry list of repairs including brake ,shocks and other stuff
He went back to the guy that sold him the car just a week prior and said WTF , I bought the car certified (safety inspection)
Seller told him to take it to any other shop for a safety inspection and he would pay for any repairs required to pass the safety
He took it to another shop and it passed inspection without any repairs required :icon_slap:

xgiovannix12 11-30-2013 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by rexazz2 (Post 609564)
Goodyear garages all seem to have disappeared in this area
They were known for quoting work that wasn't needed and the illusion of a $49 brake job
My brother inlaw took a car there for an oil change that he had just bought
When he went back to get his car they had a laundry list of repairs including brake ,shocks and other stuff
He went back to the guy that sold him the car just a week prior and said WTF , I bought the car certified (safety inspection)
Seller told him to take it to any other shop for a safety inspection and he would pay for any repairs required to pass the safety
He took it to another shop and it passed inspection without any repairs required :icon_slap:

a lot of shops do that these days tho.

rexazz2 11-30-2013 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12 (Post 609566)
a lot of shops do that these days tho.

That doesn't make it right !!
I don't like dealing with the big chain shops for anything
Somebody has to pay for their big overhead , it wont be me

When the trade slows down after Christmas those guys remain busy because they will finance repairs for people that are struggling

xgiovannix12 11-30-2013 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by rexazz2 (Post 609570)
That doesn't make it right !!
I don't like dealing with the big chain shops for anything
Somebody has to pay for their big overhead , it wont be me

When the trade slows down after Christmas those guys remain busy because they will finance repairs for people that are struggling

I agree this is why most of the work I do my self. The only time my trucks walk into a shop is when they need an yearly inspection. :icon_badrazz:

Badco 12-01-2013 04:42 PM

I offered to buy the parts and do it myself but her Dad picked up the tab, 900--. Looks like I'm not saving any money.