Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Oh that little yota....

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Starting Member
Badco is on a distinguished road
Default Oh that little yota....

Went to get a rotation done on the GFs Corolla yesterday... shoulda been easy squeezy right? Well, until the inside of the tires were worn down to probably a good 10 sq inches of steel intertwine it was. Brand new sneaks 350. Brakes need all done... 600... Wheel Hub assy needs replaced.... 450... I think all the parts on RockAuto cost about 150.

At least on the bright side, I wasn't beating grandma over the head with a chihuahua. And we have a GoodYear card now so after we pay hers off... New rims and tires for me!

Old 11-30-2013, 02:11 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

So why did you take it to a shop for a rotation? That's like an hour long thing if you eat lunch in the middle. And $600 for brakes? For what? I can get new calipers, rotors, and pads for that much.

Old 11-30-2013, 04:12 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Thogert
So why did you take it to a shop for a rotation? That's like an hour long thing if you eat lunch in the middle. And $600 for brakes? For what? I can get new calipers, rotors, and pads for that much.
Shops over charge so much these days

All that work could of been done for way cheaper

Old 11-30-2013, 09:16 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

Goodyear garages all seem to have disappeared in this area
They were known for quoting work that wasn't needed and the illusion of a $49 brake job
My brother inlaw took a car there for an oil change that he had just bought
When he went back to get his car they had a laundry list of repairs including brake ,shocks and other stuff
He went back to the guy that sold him the car just a week prior and said WTF , I bought the car certified (safety inspection)
Seller told him to take it to any other shop for a safety inspection and he would pay for any repairs required to pass the safety
He took it to another shop and it passed inspection without any repairs required

Old 11-30-2013, 09:24 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rexazz2
Goodyear garages all seem to have disappeared in this area
They were known for quoting work that wasn't needed and the illusion of a $49 brake job
My brother inlaw took a car there for an oil change that he had just bought
When he went back to get his car they had a laundry list of repairs including brake ,shocks and other stuff
He went back to the guy that sold him the car just a week prior and said WTF , I bought the car certified (safety inspection)
Seller told him to take it to any other shop for a safety inspection and he would pay for any repairs required to pass the safety
He took it to another shop and it passed inspection without any repairs required
a lot of shops do that these days tho.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:40 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
a lot of shops do that these days tho.
That doesn't make it right !!
I don't like dealing with the big chain shops for anything
Somebody has to pay for their big overhead , it wont be me

When the trade slows down after Christmas those guys remain busy because they will finance repairs for people that are struggling

Old 11-30-2013, 09:46 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by rexazz2
That doesn't make it right !!
I don't like dealing with the big chain shops for anything
Somebody has to pay for their big overhead , it wont be me

When the trade slows down after Christmas those guys remain busy because they will finance repairs for people that are struggling

I agree this is why most of the work I do my self. The only time my trucks walk into a shop is when they need an yearly inspection.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Starting Member
Badco is on a distinguished road

I offered to buy the parts and do it myself but her Dad picked up the tab, 900--. Looks like I'm not saving any money.