Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

it ok it happens ...post your best "im stuck" pictures!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 06:55 AM
Twip will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BMWDr
OK - This wasn't me but it was on my property and since it took half a day, two Jeeps, and about 10 of us cracking jokes during the whole thing I thought I would post it up.

And there you go!
that appears to be propane powered, yes?

Originally Posted by Thogert
I blame the height of the frame and a momentary lapse of concentration more than the front tires.
right....so i guess you needed more lift huh? lol. i havent done that YET!
BTW. i love the new sig. you make those lights yourself assume....

Old 07-23-2013, 11:12 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

I don't get off road nearly as much as I'd like, but I did get a little stuck this past winter/spring. I decided to go down a city access road to see if the city had cleared one of the walking/running paths not far from my house where I like to take my dog. The snow was about 2 feet deep, but very crystally and dense, with about an inch of solid ice underneath it. I didn't think to snap a picture until I'd spent about 45 minutes digging with my little 12" camp/emergency shovel. On the upside I got to test out my $30 tire cables I bought off Kijiji. I was quite happy with them cause I was able to put them on in place without having to move the vehicle, and they gave me enough traction to plow my way out when I got the G80 to lock up.

Now I just need to find a 2nd set so I can have cables/chains for all 4 tires.

Attached Thumbnails it ok it happens ...post your best "im stuck" pictures!!-9352702500_3e96eaaa88.jpg   it ok it happens ...post your best "im stuck" pictures!!-9352704390_b0530d4cd8.jpg  
Old 07-23-2013, 11:16 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Twip
right....so i guess you needed more lift huh? lol. i havent done that YET!
BTW. i love the new sig. you make those lights yourself assume....
Yeah I did the lights and I love the things.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:18 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Me being stupid with the off road SL**T
Broke thru the ice here

One of our guys that got sent home for good after leaving the jobsite like this

Attached Thumbnails it ok it happens ...post your best "im stuck" pictures!!-564792_3827995864574_195261942_n.jpg   it ok it happens ...post your best "im stuck" pictures!!-pict0226.jpg  
Old 07-23-2013, 01:27 PM
slcblazer is on a distinguished road

Well it didnt start out stuck but I was helping a high centered 4 door chevy but dug down into the loose gravel with my bald tires and had to kick it into 4lo to get us both out.

Attached Thumbnails it ok it happens ...post your best "im stuck" pictures!!-vimr9cjl.jpg  
Old 07-23-2013, 01:36 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12

That must have been fun to get out. Doesn't look like there's a ton of room to get help in there.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:54 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by El_Beautor
That must have been fun to get out. Doesn't look like there's a ton of room to get help in there.

The more I moved her the closer it got to the wall.. What we had to do was bring the little machine over to that job from another job to dig under it and let the bigger one walk out on its own ....

The dumbass dug there the previous day and parked a 60 ton machine on where he previously dug. SO smart.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Beginning Member
BMWDr is on a distinguished road

that appears to be propane powered, yes?
I asked him if it was an attempt to save the environment and he said "Hell no! If I roll it it keeps running!"

Old 07-24-2013, 01:56 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12

Ahh yes. I remember you telling me about that long ago...

Old 07-24-2013, 05:49 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

the only time I've been stuck is the picture in my avatar. got a little too close to the creek bank, and sunk like a rock. front left and right rear spinning. A guy in a *cough* Honda CRV *cough* pulled me out like it was nothing.

Quick Reply: it ok it happens ...post your best "im stuck" pictures!!