Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

ok yall. who else is going to the pull your own parts yards?

Old 11-23-2012, 06:46 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about
Default ok yall. who else is going to the pull your own parts yards?

alot of the pull your parts yards have a half off sale after thanksgiving. Today im going out there to get another seat,steering column,jeep shaft,and a rear sway bar. Only bad thing is every sale is finale,no exchanges either. So im hesitant on getting the steering column. (my tilt is loose,ive been in it before it sucks) it'd only be like 17 bucks for it. worth it!

Check with your local yards. see whats going on.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:05 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

They could be giving free stuff away and there no way I'm dealing with the idiots out there. On the news this morning 2 women went to the ER and 3 to jail this morning over a stupid sheet set at wal-mart. I'm not going anywhere to deal with that mindset.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:34 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Its not too bad. at least at this one i went too. Now i did go to a few stores last night. Oh man...one of em almost got into a brawl. I left.

Today i got my steering column,and new tailgate struts. cost me a whole 22.00 for it all. PLus helped a guy break away tack welds to get out a old 66 chevy dash. He paid me $20 bucks.

my total trip $10 gas,and like 5 bucks in the yard. Cool. im heading back tomorrow to get a seat track and to look around some more. They have a jeep shaft too...I was going to get it but forgot my crowbar to pry it off the gear box after i loosen the bolt.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:30 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Dammit you went to the yard with out telling me? =(

Old 11-23-2012, 04:32 PM
BF Veteran

where ya beeeeen all day brah? you gotta be around lol. im heading back tomorrow. you still need that fuel port thing?

Old 11-23-2012, 04:40 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

yes Ive been working out of town... NO computer where im sleeping...

I did just buy a prepaid smartphone tho

Old 11-23-2012, 10:48 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

one of the yards by me did something called a pull-a-thon every year around this time. it was basically 40 bucks all you can carry. it was crazy the stuff people would grunt out the front gate, basically you could drag whatever you had but you had to carry it like 20 feet out the gate and it was yours.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:38 AM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by abig84
one of the yards by me did something called a pull-a-thon every year around this time. it was basically 40 bucks all you can carry. it was crazy the stuff people would grunt out the front gate, basically you could drag whatever you had but you had to carry it like 20 feet out the gate and it was yours.

they did that here too a long time ago.... NOW that I know about the place they dont do it any more...

I would grab a hood and load it up with every thing and drag that sucker out.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:57 AM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Yeah went to a yard today just to walk around to see how blazers are put together. To see where hidden bolts are and where plastic tabs are that need to be released. Asked a guy about how to pull a door handle and helped another pull an axel. When you compare Blazerites with retail black friday patrons you soon realise that blazer people are a more highly evolved species. Even if we cant spell

Old 11-24-2012, 11:27 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Talking

Originally Posted by LeWhite
Yeah went to a yard today just to walk around to see how blazers are put together. To see where hidden bolts are and where plastic tabs are that need to be released. Asked a guy about how to pull a door handle and helped another pull an axel. When you compare Blazerites with retail black friday patrons you soon realise that blazer people are a more highly evolved species. Even if we cant spell

Blazerites I like it thats cool name for us people that own them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ok yall. who else is going to the pull your own parts yards?