Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Olympic Opening Ceremonies

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 10:01 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future
Default Olympic Opening Ceremonies

Anyone else have the chance to watch them?

I guess maybe it's more important for me being Canadian and all, but I thought they were some of the best I've ever seen (although I think Beijing topped them). Even with the slight hydraulic malfunction of the torch at the end I think it represented Canada and our culture very well.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

nope didn't get a chance to, to busy searching on the forum
wish i had the chance to see it though..

Old 02-14-2010, 11:09 AM
MrTwister is on a distinguished road

they were pretty cool. Lots of crazy effects and what not. Not sure you can even compare them to Beijing tho, kinda apples and Oranges. One featured thousands of people running around doing crazy ****, van city featured crazy projections and lighting....and a little too much fiddle for my taste. All in all it was pretty spectatular.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:31 AM
hubert hefner is on a distinguished road

i thought it was pretty cool. well planned out although there were a few mechanical difficulties but that can happen to any one. i liked it, just to bad they are having to truck the snow in though. Talk about some weird weather all over......

Old 02-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

I couldn't watch it, not my thing. Although I did watch the last 10 minutes or so. Changing the name of GM place and altering our anthem for the Olympics doesn't sit right with me.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:53 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I lost all interest in the Olympics when they stopped being what they were designed to be - competition for amateurs. When they started sanctioning professionals it became just another sports show.

Old 02-14-2010, 06:51 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

i did ctch that Georgian Kid cushing himself on the practice luge run though. poor sumbitch

Old 02-14-2010, 09:12 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

i understood every single word of that curtis, good ol southern boy

Old 02-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

No, didnt get a chance to watch it but heard it was great. Waiting on hockey to start.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:55 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

To tell you the truth the ceremonies are the only reason I watch any part of the olympics lol. I could care less about the sports. I'm always amazed at the stuff they can come up with and pull off in the ceremonies.

Quick Reply: Olympic Opening Ceremonies