Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/)
-   -   Olympic Opening Ceremonies (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/olympic-opening-ceremonies-40806/)

zedartwo 02-15-2010 11:10 AM

Yea I watched some of them. Kinda sad Katrina Lemay Doan just stood there for the torch lighting. I liked the fiddling. It was a little long but the sound of a fiddle is nice. I missed the cool snowboarding segment but I heard it was good.

Sisk 02-15-2010 11:38 AM

The fiddling part I could have done without too, but it's a part of our Canadian cultue and heritage so I can definitely see why it was included. It does suck for Catrina too lol. She didn't get to light her torch because of the hydraulic issue.
What snowboarding part are you referring to Wil? The initial opening, or the part with the mountain where the skiers and snowboarders were suspended on it?

I think the best part was either that or the whales. It was amazing the effects they were able to do with the screens and the white floor.

zedartwo 02-15-2010 09:18 PM

My mom told me there was a really cool snowboard part that I would have liked. But from what I saw the whales were awesome.

old skool luvr 02-15-2010 09:36 PM

nope, missed it.

was too busy helping move a friend of the wife's Friday night.

i think Wil was refering to the guy coming right through the Olympic rings, as they were going off.

oktain 02-16-2010 12:12 AM

Yeah that was pretty cool. I thought that poet did a really great job a defining Canada. "We say Zed... not ZEE"

old skool luvr 02-16-2010 12:22 AM

^^^ now i'm really pissed i missed it! gonna have to look on YouTube or something.

Sisk 02-16-2010 08:17 AM

Out here they have all the sports events and the ceremonies on demand (With Eastlink). I'm assuming you don't have Eastlink cable up there though Chris...I think its outside of our service area. I don't believe anyone else has it on demand...but I could be wrong. It should be on youtube though (at least parts of it).
And I agree...the poet was one of the best parts. He defined Canada really well. The "zed, not zee" part was good...along with we're defined as "please and thank you".

Blazin_Jason 02-28-2010 10:10 PM

Closing ones were better I think.

RangerG 03-01-2010 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 300513)
nope, missed it.

was too busy helping move a friend of the wife's Friday night.

i think Wil was refering to the guy coming right through the Olympic rings, as they were going off.

He's Wil too?? This could get confusing. :icon_doh:

Sisk 03-01-2010 07:34 AM

No it's actually Brad lol. I called him Wil by accident and Chris caught on and started calling him that too :icon_redface:. My fault.

Anyway, I agree about the closing ceremonies. It was a lot less formal and more like a big party. It was a big joke to do all the stereotypes people have of Canadians, but I think it really showed what a great and fun nation we can be :D