Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Post your idiotic Driver Stories

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Oh man,

I live in Denver, co and i could make a post here every single day..

To and from work i probably encounter at least 4 to 5 horrible drivers.

Its amazing there isnt a wreck on every street corner.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:57 PM
cage47 is on a distinguished road

Same here in houston. But a couple weeks back I had a good one. I work evening shift. I get off at midnight. One night on my way home I saw a guy in a Pontiac G6 pull out from one of those mexican taquerias. The section of Telephone Rd is two lanes in both directions with a shared turning lane. Well this guy pulls out of the place (a bar was next door). When he pulled out, first he didn't have ANY lights on. And when he got on the road he stayed in the turning lane in the middle of the road. Well at the next traffic light the road widens to three lanes on each side with a median. So he keeps driving, no lights in the turning lane and I watch thinking to myself "NO He's gonna stop or he's going to go onto the median." Sure enough, I saw the G6 pop up onto the median and promplty slam straight into the light pole situated there. Well I pulled up but not before two tow trucks that were parked across the street from him and a guy that was going across the street pulled up and stopped. So I had no reason to stop other than morbid curiosity. Well as I pulled up beside the median I saw the driver door open and a little graying mexican guy get out and tried to catch himself on the door as he promptly did a face plant right there in the median. He got up and was looking around like he didn't know where he was. I mean this guy was LIT UP! Three sheets to the wind. As the G6 sat there hissing away. Oh and I forgot to mention as he jumped onto the median and hit the pole.....NO BRAKES! Now he was only doing about 40, just a little over the 35 limit. No damage to the pole but the G6 was totalled. The pole was back to where the engine would have started. So it mustve been pushed back.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

This one I wish I could have recorded with a camera.

I was leaving East Lansing to go home for christmas via bus/train station. I was outside enjoying the cold waiting for my bus and a brand new VW jetta came in looking for a parking spot. Not finding one the driver promptly drove up onto the side walk right in front of the station via the handicap ramp, parked his car, grabbed his bags and hopped on the bus to detroit. I was talking to the manager at the time and we both watched him load his bags on the bus and sit down. The manager pulled out his phone and called a tow truck. Within five min a tow truck arrived and started to tow his car. The driver seeing this outside of the bus flew out and began screeming at the tow truck guy in chinese. While this was going on the bus decided to leave having all seats occupied. So not only did the guy have his car towed, he missed his bus, and lost all his luggage, all in time for the holidays. When I say he was parked in front of the station you couldn't open one of the doors to enter the building because his car was in the way.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:23 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

^^^ that, my friend, is what they call "Justice Served!"

Old 01-01-2011, 05:48 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

On Sunday, we got a monster snow storm up here in the northeast. I was out with my parents on the highway and a car came flying over a hill on the opposite side of the highway, swirved, came sliding across the center median, slammed into the guardrail in front of us, and then slid back across onto the center median.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

I have one about me......It was raining a couple weeks ago and I was pulling into the garage....side swiped the garage with my right fender....I hammered it back in place LOL oops!

Old 01-03-2011, 06:04 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BresBlazy
I have one about me......It was raining a couple weeks ago and I was pulling into the garage....side swiped the garage with my right fender....I hammered it back in place LOL oops!
i took off my passenger mirror a few years ago. dad pulled into the garage and for some stupid reason didnt pull in straight, he pulled in the moved the blazer over to the right...i always pull straight in, so i back straight out...so used to doing this every single time i backed straight out and broke the mirror...sad times

with my s10 my dad had a small white rental car.....he parked on the driveway behind my truck.....well there was a snowstorm so EVERYTHING was white, our driveway is steep. so i look back (not expecting a car or anything to be behind me) and from the top of the tailgate cutting off the view i couldnt see the car.backed up right onto the hood of the car.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

....yeah my driver side mirror is not workin so well....I almost took it off with a large bush! LOL my poor truck!

But thanks, I feel better now LOL

Old 01-03-2011, 11:15 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by streblo
with my s10 my dad had a small white rental car.....he parked on the driveway behind my truck.....well there was a snowstorm so EVERYTHING was white, our driveway is steep. so i look back (not expecting a car or anything to be behind me) and from the top of the tailgate cutting off the view i couldnt see the car.backed up right onto the hood of the car.
that's a Kodak moment if ever i saw one!

you were brave enough to snap a few pic's, right?

Old 01-04-2011, 05:32 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

haha no unfortunately..i backed up had no idea heard a crunch and hit the brakes going.hmm wtf was that, so i pulled back forward got out to see what it was to go ,,,,wtf theres a car there?

Quick Reply: Post your idiotic Driver Stories