Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

power locks issue with parents minivan....

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 08:12 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default power locks issue with parents minivan....

I have a feeling it's a problem with either one of the power lock mechanisms or one of the relays.....but it's a 98 Plymouth Voyager and what it is doing is when the van is in park and completely shut off, the power door locks lock all of the doors. Like once every two minutes or so.....all night long. Like I come home from work and go to change the order of the three cars in the driveway. I unlock the drivers door, get in, start it and back it out of the driveway and park it. I shut it off and go to pull my blazer into the driveway and when I go back to the van to pull it in the driveway, it's locked. It locks itself over and over and over....and on a couple of occasions it killed the battery from being sit still for a day or two. They've taken it to a mechanic already and he replaced the battery terminals and some of the wiring to the battery but it still does it. Does anyone have any input into this, or should I just have them get the relays checked?

Old 02-25-2013, 07:54 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I would look into the relays.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:10 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

I would be getting a junkyard drivers switch for the door panel - since this is the one used the most, it would wear out the fastest. Im thinking that maybe something in the switch is worn out causing it to do this.

I guess you would be able to unhook the door panel switches one at a time and see if its still doing it... This would rule out the switches.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:51 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ohsofly
I would be getting a junkyard drivers switch for the door panel - since this is the one used the most, it would wear out the fastest. Im thinking that maybe something in the switch is worn out causing it to do this.

I guess you would be able to unhook the door panel switches one at a time and see if its still doing it... This would rule out the switches.
that as well.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:47 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

good point, I'll have to check that out. Plus it'll give me a chance to get the 20$ bill that my mom dropped and it just happened to go right down into the door panel lol.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Starting Member
Neb15 is on a distinguished road

my mom has a 98 voyager as well, and we just took it to my mechanic about the power doorlocks. We thought it was the remote or because the one door would only sometimes work the lock button. He said it was a problem with the control mod under the dash. there is a way to reset it by grounding a wire behind the glovebox, but on our case it only worked again temporally and that was the problem not the door switches or remote. its also locked us out a couple times.. hope this helps

Last edited by Neb15; 03-03-2013 at 06:07 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-12-2013, 09:42 PM

something funny happened the other day.....i went to go to work in the morning and had to move my moms van to get my truck out of the driveway and much to my surprise the van was unlocked. I moved it out of the driveway and got my blazer out and when I went back to get into it was still unlocked. But that night it started locking again. It seems to play with the temps outside. I talked to my mom and she said she can live without the power locks so I am just going to pull the fuse until I can get in there and check the actual door lock mechanisms. Maybe I'll just pick up a couple from a junkyard and throw them in and see if that works.