Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

preparing for trips.. whatchu do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 07:03 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about
Default preparing for trips.. whatchu do?

When you are taking a trip with your truck, what do you do to prepare for it?

Old 06-24-2013, 07:26 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

gas can,my bag of tools,good jack,and jackstands,doritos and a 12 pack of mt dew.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:57 AM
Steve-o will become famous soon enough

what chris said x2 on the dew

Old 06-24-2013, 10:38 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

What yall do to get the truck ready, besides the usual checking and topping off fluids ect, tools are ready, jack is ready ect.
I am going to have to shove the sub box as far to the drivers side of the truck that I can and cram the spare tire in there.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:46 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

I always check the tires to make sure that they're even and aired properly for highway travel. Make sure that you have appropriate emergency gear for the weather. Up here we go from -30*F winters, to flooding springs, and up to 100*F summers so the emergency pack changes depending on the month. I usually try to take enough water for everyone in the truck for at least a day. I also try to clean up all the kids mess so they can create another one.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:57 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by El_Beautor
I always check the tires to make sure that they're even and aired properly for highway travel. Make sure that you have appropriate emergency gear for the weather. Up here we go from -30*F winters, to flooding springs, and up to 100*F summers so the emergency pack changes depending on the month. I usually try to take enough water for everyone in the truck for at least a day. I also try to clean up all the kids mess so they can create another one.
you really get prepared, what you doing, crossing the desert? LOL We are not going to be in the middle of nowhere.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:09 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by richphotos
you really get prepared, what you doing, crossing the desert? LOL We are not going to be in the middle of nowhere.
lol, yup. Most of our road trips right now are 5 hours or more to visit family. I'm severly adverse to buying water at a store, so I always try to bring enough for the trip. Emergency supplies aren't as big a deal in the summer for us because we're primarily in a high travel area, but in the winter time we always carry winter clothing, extra blankets, recovery gear, etc. I've never had to be recovered but I've pulled people out of the ditch on a number of occasions.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:56 PM
BF Veteran

The most traveling I do in the winter is around town, which is very large, but I see where you are coming from.
So I think I got it covered, spare tire, jack, bag o tools

Old 06-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Don't forget to back your jäger. For when you get there of course!!

Old 06-24-2013, 10:33 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Don't forget to back your jäger. For when you get there of course!!
I think its cheaper in Wisconsin LMAO! So I am waiting until I get there hahah!

Quick Reply: preparing for trips.. whatchu do?