Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Question for Sprint Cell Customers

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 12:40 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough
Default Question for Sprint Cell Customers

Okay, so my phone finally crapped out on me and my Husband is gonna put me on his plan this weekend finally. But I was hoping to get some 1st hand feedback on some of the phones.

I'm thinking about getting either the Palm Pixi or the Samsung Moment, or maybe the Instinct s30. I've got to have a touchscreen... its non-negotiable. I've had one for the past 3 years and I can't really see me using anything else... there's too many buttons lol.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:43 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

If you would love to make an adjustment... get a BB Storm v2.... they are amazing and the clickable touchscreen... is actually more practical to use but its all about you and what you are used to... and if you want to adjust... go to the nearest store and play around for a few hours

Old 02-25-2010, 12:51 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Well unfortunately my hubby has our only vehicle and God only knows when he's gonna be home, he gets to play in the Gas Chamber today lol. I won't be able to go to the store till this weekend...probably after I fix... I mean he fixes his brakes.

Edit: And the Storm is only available for Verizon I believe.

Last edited by ChevyBlazerChick; 02-25-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:57 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

sorry.. I am a Verizon customer... I was just giving insights towards touchscreens

Old 02-25-2010, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by wlorton
sorry.. I am a Verizon customer... I was just giving insights towards touchscreens
lol, its all good. I do like the Storm tho a couple buddies of mine had it. I'm not sure why I quoted you... but oh well. I had a phone similar to the Instinct and loved it... til I accidently closed it up in my tailgate... that was a sad day, I had it for maybe a month lol.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:17 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

I have been with Cingular --> AT&T for 8 years, so i cant help you BUT

if he doesn't know it, you/he can call up sprint and get the Federal teleccommunications act of 1996 for federal/former federal employees (or something similar) which cut's you a sweet deal. I think sprint gives like 12%-20%... AT&T gives me 15% monthly...

gotta ask to get it though, they dont hand it out.

*works for all government employees...

Old 02-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Beginning Member
toxikchevy is on a distinguished road

I know two and only two people with the palm pre and they love it. the pixi is running the same OS but there is some kinda kink with it. I dont know at all but from what i have heard is the palm pre is almost the best phone they offer besides the bb bold. not many people around here have sprint though. i did for a bit and they blew chunks. So my tech advice is limited so far. but if you want to get the best phone and know what your going into the visit www.phonedog.com and you will find every phone you can buy now pretty much. they give great overviews on all kinds of phones and they are one of my favorite blog sites.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:46 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

get the palm pre. i have the pixi and it ok. by ok ive had problems with 2 so far. the headset stopped workinf within 2 weeks, the case is basically falling apart, its god awful slow when doing more than 2-3 things at once and it randomly turns off. now, this was the first one. my second one has been fine just slow at times.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:37 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

lorton...you're the first person who has a Storm that I've heard likes it. My buddy had it for less then a month and hated it so much he payed crazy amounts of money to get rid of it. I'd say 80-90% of the reviews for it online too are terrible lol. I would never recommend that phone. I tried using it for a while and the screen is horrible. Typing on it is a nightmare.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:13 AM

Yeah, that's the one bad thing about playing with phones in the store... they always work perfectly but then when you take it home there's all sorts of bugs with them. I don't want to get the Palm Pre cause its as expensive as my Husband's HTC Hero... so I'm looking to prove that I don't spend more money than him lol. He who buys a $115 watch and has so far worn it out of the store and once more because I told him to wear it. But of course this can't be applied to truck parts... cause I will spend boat loads of money of stuff for my truck lol.

Anyway, so Pixi is buggy at times. The Pre is a thumbs-up. And Sisky doesn't like the Storm. lol. I think I'll be going to Sprint today... you know on second thought... my husband did get paid today... >

Quick Reply: Question for Sprint Cell Customers