The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

RC Truck/Car Fans?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 11:26 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

I have a TMAXX 3.3, Rims/Tires, Metal Spur Gear, Battery Pack Upgrade, Motor Saver Intake, Straight Exhaust done remember the name though, RPM front bumper.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:58 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i'm running an old skool Tamiya Monster Beetle (had it for over 20 years)

- upgraded wheels/tires (street & dirt)
- stiffer springs (made them)
- custom rear axles (made those too)

haven't used it in awhile, keep tearin' apart the diff (crapy nylon gears)

Old 03-14-2010, 07:19 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PaulO2288
I have a TMAXX 3.3, Rims/Tires, Metal Spur Gear, Battery Pack Upgrade, Motor Saver Intake, Straight Exhaust done remember the name though, RPM front bumper.
That's a nice truck... I just looked at the Traxxas site and like what I saw... it's all time dependent for me though.

Last edited by oktain; 03-14-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:01 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

They did a whole story on rock crawlers on Extreme 4x4.It was pretty interesting,supposedly there is a company that will make your ride in mini form.Maybe I will have to look into this when I don't have other $$ obligations.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:56 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Hey Paul... how much run time are you getting? That tank looks small

Anyone running one of the 1/5 scales with the 2 stroke gasoline engine? I had a chance to try one out... it was really nice, but really expensive!

Last edited by LuvMyTJ; 03-15-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:18 AM
Starting Member
neohio is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by LuvMyTJ
You have quite a few. You race at local tracks?

I don't race at all, pretty much play around at the abandoned golf course that my property backs up onto. I sold my Baja 5T yesterday. But my Baja 5b is a 1/5 scale, they are huge, heavy, and can take quite the beating.

I love it, I run around with my 9 y/o with his little truck and we can kill an afternoon without breaking a sweat.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by neohio
I don't race at all, pretty much play around at the abandoned golf course that my property backs up onto. I sold my Baja 5T yesterday. But my Baja 5b is a 1/5 scale, they are huge, heavy, and can take quite the beating.

I love it, I run around with my 9 y/o with his little truck and we can kill an afternoon without breaking a sweat.
So does your 9 yr old ride it? It's damn near big enough! LOL
They are really nice. Hard to roll too! When I tried my friends out, we were at a park. He takes the controls back and flies across an open grassy sports field where he hits a hidden iron drainage cover on the edge of the field and it goes flying into the air and parts flying in different directions! The rear A-arm hit the edge of the iron cover and tore it loose, the plastic cover flew off, and the half shaft came out. Whoops! Glad he was at the controls! Pricey to fix.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:10 AM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by LuvMyTJ
Hey Paul... how much run time are you getting? That tank looks small

Anyone running one of the 1/5 scales with the 2 stroke gasoline engine? I had a chance to try one out... it was really nice, but really expensive!
Yeah i know it sucks but that what happens with Nitro compared to Gas motors :-( Also I couldent uprade the tank at all to a larger size and it being the size it is when it runs out about 10 mins its a good reminder for me to keep my eye on the running temp

Old 03-18-2010, 11:13 AM

I ended up adding a second tank to mine to get about a 1/2 hour of run time. I keep a digital temperature gun in my pocket whenever I run it too.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Beginning Member
knightryderx2 is on a distinguished road

I got into RC drift while I was in Japan. Using a Yokomo chassis and few of their bodies. I started of with a ready to run drift kit that came with an R34 body and painted it the stock color. Then I really got into it and really started making custom stuff. Got all aluminum suspension and some carbon fiber chassis parts. Then made a Team Orange (drift team in Japan) Evo6 replica of there drift Evo8. Also made a Sil80 putting together a S13 body with a 180sx body. Also has custom offset wheels and carbon fiber hood and trunk. Then I made a RS-R IS200 Altezza. All the red, gold, and black is custom painted. This also had custom offset wheels, carbon fiber hood, trunk, and roof. Heres a few pics.

The R34

The Evo6

The Sil80

The Altezza

Quick Reply: RC Truck/Car Fans?