Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Re-photography

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 01:54 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future
Default Re-photography

So, I had an assignment for photography class to do called Re-photography, and it turned out sooo well I had to show you guys... I made a .gif out of it just to show how close I got the angles to match.

It's of the old Grand Theatre in down-town Sudbury. The B&W picture is from the 1930's, and the colour picture I just took today...

Basically post up any Re-photography you guys may have done...

Old 11-20-2009, 02:15 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

nice work Pat, almost lined up perfectly. quite the change in the last 60 to 70 years. never would have thought it used to look like that before.

make sure you don't let any of the bylaw people see your handy work, they might notice that there used to be meter parking on the street-they may push to bring it back! hahahahaha.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:16 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

WOW....that is AWESOME Pat!! Very nice work!!
That's crazy how close it is to the original photo (angle wise). How did you get it to line up so perfectly? Did you have the original pic with you when you took it? Nice work!

Old 11-20-2009, 02:39 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Yeah I had the original pic, I knew I'd need it, I realized after taking about 10 shots that I had to figure look for some sort of point of referenc, that's when I realized that the lamp post HASN'T MOVED and judged using that lol.

It was great how many funky looks I was getting lol... To avoid it after every shot I'd get my girlfriend to hold the original photo up next to my Camera to compare lol, people sort of had the "Ooooohhhh" reaction lol, and probably realized I was doing an assignment or something.

I free-handed the shot, no tripod, (I didn't want to look like a total fool lol) and actually ended up standing on my tip-toes to try and get that close of an angle lol.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:53 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Well, it turned out great. I don';t have anything even close to this or else I'd post it up. Too bad, it's a great style of photography. A lot has changed in the 80 years since that original photo.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:25 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by oktain
I free-handed the shot, no tripod, (I didn't want to look like a total fool lol) and actually ended up standing on my tip-toes to try and get that close of an angle lol.
you didn't want to look like a what, standing on your tip-toes? hahahahaha!
to bad your GF didn't snap a few while you were standing like that, it would've made for good blackmail material!

Originally Posted by Sisk
Well, it turned out great. I don';t have anything even close to this or else I'd post it up. Too bad, it's a great style of photography. A lot has changed in the 80 years since that original photo.
80 years?............where the hell did i get that "60" from? this is wat heppens when you're away from work for 5+ months, you lose all your math skills, hahahahaha!

Old 11-20-2009, 03:58 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow that is amazing! I know a few local areas that would be cool, be I don't think I could ever line up the angles like you did!

It truly is amazing what changes in 80 years!

Old 11-20-2009, 06:37 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
80 years?............where the hell did i get that "60" from? this is wat heppens when you're away from work for 5+ months, you lose all your math skills, hahahahaha!
hahaha It took me a bit to come up with 80 years. I had to count lol. And to think...I used to work at a Bank dealing only with million dollar business clients...hmmmm lol. I failed the Math exam with flying colors and barely passed the course (56% i think?)

Old 11-20-2009, 07:11 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

56% is a pass in Canada? For Shame!

As to my real reason for posting: oktain, that is very cool! I really wish I had something like this to look into. i don't know how to make a .gif, but i have something along these lines (ish)
This is Forward Operating Base kalsu in March 2004. the "kalsu Wall" was a staple as it used to be a Sadam mural at a communications station. after having it's *** handed to it in 2003, it was turned into a base. the airborne shot in my iraq album was from a 250' common tower. Anyway, when we moved in it was a field with some C-wire surrounding it. This was our trophey wall. Look how barren and desolate that place was... It sits right at the base of the imfamous "Sunni triangle of Death". Good times had by all.

This is Camp Kalsu July 2008. You see the small antenna on the right? That is a Tactical operation Center. The big thing on the left is the beguining of a parking lot (not a motor pool, and honest to God parking lot). The "Kalsu wall now stands at a 'Y' intersection on the now bustling Camp. It is now a surprisingly large hub in the area immediately south of Baghdad. You will also notice the high speed heat-beating moisture wicking cool guy shirt and my extremely tastey fruit smoothy and the bag of stuff i bought at the Post Exchange. before if you wanted something, it had to be sent to you, or bought off an iraqi. BONUS: the 3rd I.D. (stupid slashed lines symbol) claimed the wall AND took all of the tropheys. Way to suck a-holes. A lot had changed...

Old 11-20-2009, 07:11 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by Sisk
hahaha It took me a bit to come up with 80 years. I had to count lol. And to think...I used to work at a Bank dealing only with million dollar business clients...hmmmm lol. I failed the Math exam with flying colors and barely passed the course (56% i think?)
yeah, and i'm a machinist by trade. i only use a calculator for the trig i do in calculations, other than that, it's all grey matter-and it's gotten rusty these past 5 months off work.

oops! posted @ the same time Curtis. nice pic's brother.

Last edited by old skool luvr; 11-20-2009 at 07:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Re-photography