Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/)
-   -   real american cigarettes (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/real-american-cigarettes-84471/)

ohsofly 02-18-2014 01:52 AM

real american cigarettes

Tried buying a pack of gold marlboros at a Chinese conv store today... Taste like they are fake. Out the window they went. Why can't this candian guy get American cigs anywhere? FML.

So which of my American buddies would let me PayPal them the bux and mail me a couple cartons of LEGIT RED MARLBORO hardpacks? What's a carton of ciggies worth down there? They are about 70cdn for 8 packs of 25 here for the cheaper Canadian brands, 80 for a carton of name brands.

ol' grouch 02-18-2014 07:35 AM

Because it's called "bootlegging". Most states have a $10,000 fine if you get caught. 90% of the price of a cigarrette is taxes and they all want their cut. Sending them out of the country is just as bad. Anything more than an amount suitable for "personal use" will get you hammered by Customs and ATF. Trust me, it's easier to quit smoking than get around the taxes, rules, taxes, regulations and taxes.

Steve-o 02-18-2014 07:40 AM

plus, price differs from state to state, here in NC it could be 50-65 for a carton (x) brand then almost 100-120 for said same brand way up north. Why. because cost of living and by population is different in each state.

RJ2004 02-18-2014 12:10 PM

Maybe take a Sunday drive down to Montana and buy them yourself?
Buy extras and sell them for a profit.
Or would that be smuggling when you cross the boarder?
idk.... I don't smoke.... ciggs.

LeWhite 02-18-2014 12:16 PM

Cigaretts drove up the cost of medical in this country and will prolly do the same for yours. This necessated the affordable health care law. Now because the price of Canadian drugs are higher here they are harder to import. So now that you know how I feel about the subject, will you answer one question. It is obvious big tobacco wants new and younger smokers why the heck do the make them stink so bad?
To answer your question; This American buddy wont.

Blazin00LT 02-18-2014 07:42 PM

I shipped a single pack of Marlboros to the UK before. I just declared it on the customs form as a gift.

richphotos 02-18-2014 08:35 PM

I love my smokes, but mailing them I would not do, sorry. with how each state is different, its illegal to go to a cheaper state and buy more than one carton a month.

here in MN its 8.60 for a pack

rexazz2 02-19-2014 07:05 PM

drive to your closest border crossing "duty free" and suck up and pay the duty
you can cross and cross right back over again , you just wont get any exemptions

rexazz2 02-19-2014 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by LeWhite (Post 619147)
Cigaretts drove up the cost of medical in this country and will prolly do the same for yours. This necessated the affordable health care law. Now because the price of Canadian drugs are higher here they are harder to import. So now that you know how I feel about the subject, will you answer one question. It is obvious big tobacco wants new and younger smokers why the heck do the make them stink so bad?
To answer your question; This American buddy wont.

here in Ontario they can not display cigarettes for sale , they are in a plain closed cabinet
it is illegal to sell to anyone under 19 but they are still getting them and buying them
your right about the stink
Lots of people around here buy cheap native cigarettes and I swear they stink twice as bad as a normal smoker

BTW if you look into where the tax revenue from cigarettes goes , its usually not heath care

ohsofly 02-19-2014 08:43 PM

I guess ill try and get into a duty free store next time I'm down in Vancouver. I thought I could only go there if I crossed the border