Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

real american cigarettes

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 01:52 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough
Default real american cigarettes

Tried buying a pack of gold marlboros at a Chinese conv store today... Taste like they are fake. Out the window they went. Why can't this candian guy get American cigs anywhere? FML.

So which of my American buddies would let me PayPal them the bux and mail me a couple cartons of LEGIT RED MARLBORO hardpacks? What's a carton of ciggies worth down there? They are about 70cdn for 8 packs of 25 here for the cheaper Canadian brands, 80 for a carton of name brands.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:35 AM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Because it's called "bootlegging". Most states have a $10,000 fine if you get caught. 90% of the price of a cigarrette is taxes and they all want their cut. Sending them out of the country is just as bad. Anything more than an amount suitable for "personal use" will get you hammered by Customs and ATF. Trust me, it's easier to quit smoking than get around the taxes, rules, taxes, regulations and taxes.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:40 AM
Steve-o will become famous soon enough

plus, price differs from state to state, here in NC it could be 50-65 for a carton (x) brand then almost 100-120 for said same brand way up north. Why. because cost of living and by population is different in each state.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:10 PM
Starting Member
RJ2004 is on a distinguished road

Maybe take a Sunday drive down to Montana and buy them yourself?
Buy extras and sell them for a profit.
Or would that be smuggling when you cross the boarder?
idk.... I don't smoke.... ciggs.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:16 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Cigaretts drove up the cost of medical in this country and will prolly do the same for yours. This necessated the affordable health care law. Now because the price of Canadian drugs are higher here they are harder to import. So now that you know how I feel about the subject, will you answer one question. It is obvious big tobacco wants new and younger smokers why the heck do the make them stink so bad?
To answer your question; This American buddy wont.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:42 PM
Starting Member
Blazin00LT is on a distinguished road

I shipped a single pack of Marlboros to the UK before. I just declared it on the customs form as a gift.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:35 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I love my smokes, but mailing them I would not do, sorry. with how each state is different, its illegal to go to a cheaper state and buy more than one carton a month.

here in MN its 8.60 for a pack

Old 02-19-2014, 07:05 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

drive to your closest border crossing "duty free" and suck up and pay the duty
you can cross and cross right back over again , you just wont get any exemptions

Old 02-19-2014, 07:12 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by LeWhite
Cigaretts drove up the cost of medical in this country and will prolly do the same for yours. This necessated the affordable health care law. Now because the price of Canadian drugs are higher here they are harder to import. So now that you know how I feel about the subject, will you answer one question. It is obvious big tobacco wants new and younger smokers why the heck do the make them stink so bad?
To answer your question; This American buddy wont.

here in Ontario they can not display cigarettes for sale , they are in a plain closed cabinet
it is illegal to sell to anyone under 19 but they are still getting them and buying them
your right about the stink
Lots of people around here buy cheap native cigarettes and I swear they stink twice as bad as a normal smoker

BTW if you look into where the tax revenue from cigarettes goes , its usually not heath care

Old 02-19-2014, 08:43 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

I guess ill try and get into a duty free store next time I'm down in Vancouver. I thought I could only go there if I crossed the border

Quick Reply: real american cigarettes