Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Redneck

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Starting Member
C.Blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Redneck

Just posting to announce what I bought yesterday
Went to Canadian Tire for thier big sale(crazy people everywhere, it was mayhem)
I saw advertised that they had 10' 300lb ratchet straps, 2 for $5.00 and I wanted to get them to keep my sub box from sliding around when off-roading(hence Redneck, brackets are overrated)
While shopping around I picked up a nice tow strap, just a 15' for $15.00 regular $30. I bought a shorter one because I plan mainly on using it to tow out people this winter(hopefully make a few bucks)
Anyways, I will be strapping box down shortly so I will take some pics of it and my system overall and hopefully post up later today.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:08 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

dont crank her down around the middle it will hurt your subs.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:14 AM
Starting Member

The anchors in it will only allow me to do it at the very back of the box, which should keep it solid and im not going to crank it till it breaks just enough to keep it down. The carpet on carpet is usually pretty good at keeping it in place but when I hit a decent rise it slides back a little.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:36 PM
BF Veteran

i was being a smart ***...

Old 11-30-2009, 01:30 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Redneck, simple, and works great!

Old 12-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by ABN31B
i was being a smart ***...
I expect nothing less...
It actually worked out quite well, must say im proud of my hillbilly abilities. Now to fix my door...may as well post it here as im too lazy to search.
I need to fix the "sag" in my door which is getting worse every day.
I know it needs new pins but is that the only problem or do I need to replace the hinges and all that other hardware?

Old 12-01-2009, 10:40 AM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

Unless you have access to a welder you're pretty much limited to new pins and bushings.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Starting Member

Will new pins and bushings solve my sag? its really quite annoying. Also anyone done this already and can give me an approx quote on what they should cost?

Old 12-01-2009, 11:28 AM
BF Veteran

Kyle did a pretty down a dirty 3 line post on this. I dunno where, but here it is in a nutshell:
**edit** here it is
Door does not latch properly/sags/feels sloppy on the hinges: You need new Pins and Bushings. Each door takes 2 sets (1upper and 1 lower). You can cut off the hinges and install replacement pieces. You can weld up the holes and ream them back out to size. Or you can try to use some JB weld or similar metal filled epoxy to fill the void and restore the hole. These are in order of complexity as well as permanence. With putting replacement hinges on as the most complex and the longest lasting option and using a metal filled epoxy as the easiest, but least permanent option. – swartlkk

Also i scored a set of new pins/bushings for like $20. maybe a bit less.

Last edited by ABN31B; 12-01-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You should be able to do both front doors for $20 in parts if you are just replacing the pins/bushings.

Quick Reply: Redneck