Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Rims *almost* ruined this morning - venting

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 12:50 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future
Default Rims *almost* ruined this morning - venting

A fore warning..this is a vent lol. I'm going to try and refrain from swearing when posting this lol...cause everytime I think of it it angers me. I was LIVID this morning when it happened

On the way to the office this morning some stupid idiot in a Mazda Protege cut me off . It wasn't that big a deal because I have enough time to slow down and react to the dumbass. Shortly after coming into my lane and cutting me off we were coming up on a line of traffic stopped behind someone turning left. She started to slow down, and I switched lanes behind her to avoid getting stuck in the lane and besides I needed to be in the other lane anyway to turn onto the highway to go to the office. She all of a sudden decided she didn't want to stop, but rather switch into my lane and avoid stopping. She cut me right off without checking her blind spot and nearly rammed me. I ended up grinding my (newly painted) rims against the curb (terrible sound BTW) and then went up onto the curb in order to avoid hitting the (really want to insert another word here, but won't lol) stupid lady. I heard my rim grind against the curb and feared the worst. I layed on the horn and came down off the curb. She just put her hands up like she did nothing wrong. Well, I rode her *** (I get bad road rage when IDIOTS like that pull moves such as that) for the next little bit as she looked back at me in her mirror. She turned off shortly their after.
Anyway, when I got to the office I took a look at the rim. It doesn't look too bad (didn't look that closely at it yet though). I saw some paint scratched off the outside lip, but overall they seemed to hold up fine. I was extremely relieved!!
Thinking back to it now I really wish I had of just rammed her. I wasn't going fast enough to do any damage to the truck (might have put the bumper off just a bit, but nothing major). I would have done more damage to her Mazda. I was less than an inch away from hitting her passenger side door...and really really wish I had now lol. Plus it would have been a good excuse to be late for work

Last edited by Sisk; 10-29-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Starting Member
RolingKCBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sisk
A fore warning..this is a vent lol. I'm going to try and refrain from swearing when posting this lol...cause everytime I think of it it angers me. I was LIVID this morning when it happened

On the way to the office this morning some stupid idiot in a Mazda Protege cut me off . It wasn't that big a deal because I have enough time to slow down and react to the dumbass. Shortly after coming into my lane and cutting me off we were coming up on a line of traffic stopped behind someone turning left. She started to slow down, and I switched lanes behind her to avoid getting stuck in the lane and besides I needed to be in the other lane anyway to turn onto the highway to go to the office. She all of a sudden decided she didn't want to stop, but rather switch into my lane and avoid stopping. She cut me right off without checking her blind spot and nearly rammed me. I ended up grinding my (newly painted) rims against the curb (terrible sound BTW) and then went up onto the curb in order to avoid hitting the (really want to insert another word here, but won't lol) stupid lady. I heard my rim grind against the curb and feared the worst. I layed on the horn and came down off the curb. She just put her hands up like she did nothing wrong. Well, I rode her *** (I get bad road rage when IDIOTS like that pull moves such as that) for the next little bit as she looked back at me in her mirror. She turned off shortly their after.
Anyway, when I got to the office I took a look at the rim. It doesn't look too bad (didn't look that closely at it yet though). I saw some paint scratched off the outside lip, but overall they seemed to hold up fine. I was extremely relieved!!
Thinking back to it now I really wish I had of just rammed her. I wasn't going fast enough to do any damage to the truck (might have put the bumper off just a bit, but nothing major). I would have done more damage to her Mazda. I was less than an inch away from hitting her passenger side door...and really really wish I had now lol. Plus it would have been a good excuse to be late for work
atleast you and your truck are ok

I hate ppl like that, thats why when i go to work i drive this

people are afraid to cut infront of me

Old 10-29-2009, 02:19 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I wish I had a full sized. I wouldn't have even swerved to avoid hitting her if I did . I would have just rammed the woman.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Now now. You do not have to ram them, but you do not have to avoid them either! So long as it is their fault.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:40 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Yeah she doesn't have done that, but I would have just honked a lot. lol

glad it's only a few scratches

Old 10-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

dude that sucks. Could of been worse. I hate driving to work and worrying about how people are driving

Old 10-29-2009, 03:16 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Now now. You do not have to ram them, but you do not have to avoid them either! So long as it is their fault.
hahaha, by ramming of course I meant "choose to not avoid her" Kyle . Glad I do drive a truck though and it hops up on curbs fairly easy.

Originally Posted by Unlimitedsp
dude that sucks. Could of been worse. I hate driving to work and worrying about how people are driving
And you're right it could have been much worse. There was a telephone pole a few feet up that I could have hit going up on the curb..
I just took a close look at it since I got home. The rim made it out fairly unscathed (much to my surprise). It looks like the tire too the brunt of it (lots of rubbing marks on the tire). It looks like this paint job might hold up better then I expected it to
Even still, it drove me nuts that she just put her arms up like she did nothing wrong.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:01 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Dude! Canada really does have crappy drivers. Maybe I should move up there after this Army thing is done....
As for ramming her, I second what Kyle said. It is ALWAYS your fault when you swerve to avoid. Any property damage, damage to your vehicle, damage to another vehicle you may strike, falls on you as you caused it 'avoiding' what ever you chose to avoid. Next time do the old 'off the gas/on the horn' and hold on...
As long as you were fully in the lane at the time of her making a bad lane change and you aren't drunk you should skate. LOL that's how I got that Honda son!

BTW sorry to hear about the rims. Seems like the kind of thing that always happens. Paint your rims, get run off the road. Put on a grille guard, get rear ended. Add euro lights, get hit by a rock...

God must be a Ford fan...

Last edited by ABN31B; 10-29-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:20 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Dude! Canada really does have crappy drivers. Maybe I should move up there after this Army thing is done....
As for ramming her, I second what Kyle said. It is ALWAYS your fault when you swerve to avoid. Any property damage, damage to your vehicle, damage to another vehicle you may strike, falls on you as you caused it 'avoiding' what ever you chose to avoid. Next time do the old 'off the gas/on the horn' and hold on...
As long as you were fully in the lane at the time of her making a bad lane change and you aren't drunk you should skate. LOL that's how I got that Honda son!

BTW sorry to hear about the rims. Seems like the kind of thing that always happens. Paint your rims, get run off the road. Put on a grille guard, get rear ended. Add euro lights, get hit by a rock...

God must be a Ford fan...
It was more like brakes to the floor, on the horn and hold on. hahaha. It was literally a matter of an inch or so...that's how close I was.
I was fully in my lane at the time, so she definitely would have been at fault. I wasn't speeding and I don't think I was drunk...although there was the rye and ginger I had with my cheerios .
Looking back at it all little to no damage was done to the truck, so that is good. I just needed to vent as I was LIVID when it happened. And as much as I would have like to of hit her just to make her realize she couldn't drive it would have been a big hassle with insurance and all that junk.
I must have had a "cut in front of me" sign on my truck today or something lol.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:50 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Better in the long run that you didn't bust up old Maritime... our 2 gen front bumpers are strictly for looks

*also, off the gas on the horn is to draw attention to the fact that you were in the right BEFORE hitting them... apply just enough brake to light your tails and so you can say in good concious "i attempted to decelerate while sounding my horn prior to the collision"

Quick Reply: Rims *almost* ruined this morning - venting