Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Sad Day/ Can't believe I am saying this

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 03:26 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

I have now owned four S10 Blazers, two F150's and one Dodge W150. I really can't say that I liked one out of all the others, despite the number of blazers that I have owned. Granted I like the size, mobility, reliability and mileage afforded by the Blazer. But as for full size trucks I really don't have a favorite. To me it all depends on how the truck was built and what comes with it.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:17 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABN31B
happens man

i drove a dually f350 turbo cummins with a 34' foot rock wall behind it from portland, or to logan, ut....

that truck could run, under load, at 80mph so damn smooth it was disgusting...
guys, that's the only reason that it could run like that, because someone was smart enough to drop in a Cummins.

and to all the ones saying they've never seen it done, you guys obviously don't read any diesel mags. there are a few handfuls of Chevy's & Ford's in any given year, that show up in the pages, that have had heart transplants done.

but lorton, you're comparing apples to oranges, you know that, right?

Old 02-15-2010, 10:50 AM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya I did some research, seen it's done all the time. Even an f350 with a Cummins mated with an Allison Tranny.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:21 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by hubert hefner
?
i've never saw a ford w/ a cummins in it. All the ones i have seen all had the 7.3 international in them. the powerstroke is the same as the older ones but turbo'd and all the other uptodate stuff but the same base though.
LMAO you're right GM makes the cummins huh? wtf does ford make?
i thought it had cummins badging on it. i will recheck at work tomorrow

Old 02-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

ford owns controlling shares in cummins, so ford technically owns the rights, they're even thinking of pulling the rights to dodge, idk if they would use the cummins stock in the fords or what, the new scorpion diesel is made by ford and not an outsorced engine.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:52 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

no, Cummins is it's own company.

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
ford owns controlling shares in cummins, so ford technically owns the rights, they're even thinking of pulling the rights to dodge, idk if they would use the cummins stock in the fords or what, the new scorpion diesel is made by ford and not an outsorced engine.
and that is incorrect. The fact is, Ford once owned about 1.3 million shares of stock in Cummins. That's about 3% of Cummins 46.3 million outstanding shares. This is far from a controlling interest in Cummins. read this document, and scoll down to the bottom of page 12 (you can just click the Item 3. Legal Proceedings, for a direct link to the top of that page section).

not trying to start a debate in this thread-'cause that' be jacking the OP, but here's an interesting read as well.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
no, Cummins is it's own company.

and that is incorrect. The fact is, Ford once owned about 1.3 million shares of stock in Cummins. That's about 3% of Cummins 46.3 million outstanding shares. This is far from a controlling interest in Cummins. read this document, and scoll down to the bottom of page 12 (you can just click the Item 3. Legal Proceedings, for a direct link to the top of that page section).

not trying to start a debate in this thread-'cause that' be jacking the OP, but here's an interesting read as well.

well that was pretty interesting. my uncle was the one that told me that ford owns controlling shares. thought i could believe him (he was an upper engineer at one time, remember those trailer brakes , he designed those). but could ford pull the strings on dodge and assume control of the engine. thats what my uncle told me.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:25 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
guys, that's the only reason that it could run like that, because someone was smart enough to drop in a Cummins.

and to all the ones saying they've never seen it done, you guys obviously don't read any diesel mags. there are a few handfuls of Chevy's & Ford's in any given year, that show up in the pages, that have had heart transplants done.

but lorton, you're comparing apples to oranges, you know that, right?
Yes, I know, but you can compare these apples to those oranges more than you think.... lol

Old 02-15-2010, 08:55 PM
BF Guru

^^^ i was refering to the tire size issue you mentioned.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:11 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
well that was pretty interesting. my uncle was the one that told me that ford owns controlling shares. thought i could believe him (he was an upper engineer at one time, remember those trailer brakes , he designed those). but could ford pull the strings on dodge and assume control of the engine. thats what my uncle told me.
They did strike a contract with them, too. The F650 and up has a Cummins motor, now.

Quick Reply: Sad Day/ Can't believe I am saying this