Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Is the season to curse Motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 09:15 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough
Default Is the season to curse Motorcycles

Is the season for me to start fixing motorcycles

Have a rear caliper torn apart tonight to rebuild
Its off my buddies Yamaha cruiser
He told me it felt like the brake was dragging at the end of last season before he put it in storage
I went to the storage unit last weekend and pulled it off and it was truely stuck

Done tons of calipers before , just hit with 100psi of shop air to push the pistons out
That didnt work on this one , not even the smallest movement
This pig has radial brakes , foot pedal activates one front caliper and the rear caliper .Bleeding the system is a PIA so didnt really want to reinstall on his bike

Back to the drawing board
I hooked the caliper up to a R6 flex hose and a rear master cyl, vac. bleed out system but couldnt get enough leverage to pump the master cyl GRRR

Round 2 , r6 flex hose ,FJ front master cylinder on a pipe for a handle bar , vac bleed system again
BINGO the pistons slowly slid outward under hyd pressure

Now to track a seal kit a set of pistons

Old 04-04-2013, 05:59 AM
coolasice will become famous soon enough

yep, lots of fun.. i've been working on getting mine ready for the season... lowered footpegs/new footpegs, found out my battery was toast when I decided to remove it to check the fluid level and the terminal broke completely off it.. (new battery on the way $95)... needs oil change and a few more fixes (new turn signals & wiring)... then it'll be the misses bike next to install a new crash bar and oil change/battery install...

Old 04-05-2013, 06:42 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Tryin to get my dad to give me his bike. Hes had back surgeries over the years and doesn't ride it any longer for years now. It's a 93 Suzuki intruder 800 v-twin, 11,000km, looks like New dark blue and chrome.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:57 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

I have been working on mine off and all winter and was hoping to have her going by now.But I have setbacks due my oil filter leaking and my petcock on the fuel tank leaking.So I used some silicone on the oil filter cover and made a nice bead then waited all day for it harden enough to put it back on tighten down.I made a bead of silcone underneith the petcock for now to see if this stops the leak.Now im waiting for a new front tire and I should be all set with lots of good luck

Last edited by 1sttimejimmyowner; 04-06-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by 1sttimejimmyowner
I have been working on mine off and all winter and was hoping to have her going by now.But I have setbacks due my oil filter leaking and my petcock on the fuel tank leaking.So I used some silicone on the oil filter cover and made a nice bead then waited all day for it harden enough to put it back on tighten down.I made a bead of silcone underneith the petcock for now to see if this stops the leak.Now im waiting for a new front tire and I should be all set with lots of good luck
Not a huge fan of silicone and thats probably 2 places I would never use it
Hope it works out for you

Old 04-06-2013, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by rexazz2
Not a huge fan of silicone and thats probably 2 places I would never use it
Hope it works out for you
As an automechanic I have been using silicone for making gaskets that seal oil leaks for many years.Not sure about the petcock but I`ll see.Theres a secret on how to use it.You can apply the bead and give it enough time to make a hard skin.Many people make the mistake of appling the gasket maker then they over tighten while still wet squeezing the silicone out.I checked my oil filter today no leak

Last edited by 1sttimejimmyowner; 04-06-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:42 PM

Scorpios beast fired up today after 3 1/2 months.Got sync the carbs soon and some fine tuning it should be ready to ride.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:58 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

not what i was thinking when i read the thread title.

i was thinking about all the Harley "cool" guys that throttle up at 3 am and blow down the streets in town.

yeah, not a fan.

Attached Thumbnails Is the season to curse Motorcycles-south-park-gays-against-fags.jpg  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by ohsofly
Tryin to get my dad to give me his bike. Hes had back surgeries over the years and doesn't ride it any longer for years now. It's a 93 Suzuki intruder 800 v-twin, 11,000km, looks like New dark blue and chrome.
That would be a nice bike hope its been started on a regular basis or the fuel was drained out of the carbs or they`ll need to be rebuilt.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
not what i was thinking when i read the thread title.

i was thinking about all the Harley "cool" guys that throttle up at 3 am and blow down the streets in town.

yeah, not a fan.
there is a club house about 5 or 6 blocks from me ,they are great neighbors I kid you not
I hear them rumble by at night ,no big deal
I hear and see little punks blow by on crotch rockets and I usually just listen for a bang
I have a 1200 sport tourer that can bark pretty good when you twist the throttle

Quick Reply: Is the season to curse Motorcycles