Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

should i buy a lottery ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 08:03 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default should i buy a lottery ticket?

ok, so today i got pulled over for the first time.
i was going down the street and seen about 8 cars there and decided to show off a little bit since i had just put on my cragar wheels. i floored it at a stop sign and peeled out all the way to the other stop sign. i preceded to get on the highway by my house to go to oreillys and got pulled over by 3 unmarked cars, a trailblazer, a f150, and a charger. they did the normal stuff, then asked me to get out of my truck, frisked me, and made me stand behind my truck in the headlights. the other cop searched my truck. the 2 cops with me started asking me questions about my knifes and school, and if i had been in any trouble before. then the nice cop told me they were getting ready to investigate the house down the street and that all 8 cars were unmarked cop cars. and non of them were in uniform. so after they found my truck was clean, i had never been in any trouble, etc, they gave me back my stuff, and told me to set down in the truck. i was expecting a ticket but he comes up to the window and said i should write you up for wreck-less driving, but i was young and dumb once so im giving you a verbal warning, have a nice night. i shook his hand and was on my way. but it was by far the scariest experience of my life and i deff. learned my lesson. i dont think i will tell my parents though. what do yall think?

Old 03-10-2011, 08:20 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you 'got away' but did you consent to a search?

Old 03-10-2011, 08:32 PM

yes, he asked me "do you mind if we search your truck"
i said nope go right ahead

Old 03-10-2011, 09:13 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I understand you had nothing to hide but it definitely sounds like they were having a jolly old time with your rights. I'd rather take a ticket then feel violated.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:15 PM

well i understood their side, they were investigating the distribution of weed down the street which is why there was 8 unmarked cars there, they explained all of this to me while they were searching. they did complement my truck and my knifes though haha

Old 03-10-2011, 09:23 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Opinions will vary on this but, IMO, never consent to a search. If an officer has articulable reasonable suspicion (ie. they can smell alcohol or pot), your consent is unnecessary. By asking you, it typically means they've got nothing and they're fishing for something to nail you with. You have the fourth amendment on your side. Again, that's just my opinion.

I'm happy that your first police encounter went well though. As long as you act respectful you should be fine.

And no, I wouldn't buy a lotto ticket (but that's for other, statistical, reasons )

Old 03-11-2011, 08:02 AM

yea i realized that afterwards, cause weve been learning about it in my law and justice class. but i just turned 17 this past weekend and am still on my restricted license, so any violation can get it taken away till im 18. so i was going to do whatever they asked me to even if it violated my rights. plus i was a little scared about the big knifes i had behind the seat. i found out through a friend that they were all NARC cops because they were not in uniform and did not have normal undercover cop cars. they told me they were investigating a house in the neighborhood and probably thought i might have been involved since i peeled out right in front of 8 of them.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Starting Member
BlazinClinton is on a distinguished road

i would say, get used to it if you plan on showing off around town doing lots of burnouts and stuff, speeding and offroading in or near town.
its all stuff that will get you pulled over and ya i think ur lucky for not getting a ticket too.

go buy a lottery ticket then do a burnout from one end of town to the other just to help your lottery luck! lol

on a side note, i h8 cops, theyre always there when you dont need them and never there when you do.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:05 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

lol wow I've been pulled over several times for 4wheeling in construction sites never searched me, only one even asked for my lisence... The one tropper was even like you probably have alcohol in the truck, but I should just be on my way since I guess people who live near the construction site have made a bunch of complaints.. first time I was ever there but I didn't have alcohol or anything just thought that was kinda crazy a cop would let me go on a suspicion like that. I'd do the same thing as you thou and let em search I think its kinda funny they take the time to search you and not find anything, I don't have anything in my truck that I could get in trouble for so I say let em search away, plus now they know your truck so they won't bother to mess with you anymore

Old 03-11-2011, 02:12 PM

thats a good point, they said hes clean as a whistle in there
and obviously i had nothing to hide after i told them about the knifes i had behind the seat

Quick Reply: should i buy a lottery ticket?