The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Sleeping advice..?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 01:03 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

one thing i found when i was super stressed during the first round of lay-off's, was to just concentrate on my breathing while laying in bed.

my mind is usually racing @ 150mph when i hit the hay-no matter how my day was-and i could lay there for hours before crashing. not the best thing when you're up @ 5 for work.

kinda figure that out on my own. think of it like yoga/meditating application.

seems to work well for me. GL with finding something.

and what ever you find, hopefully it's natural.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:14 AM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

ABN I apprciate it. Yeah I think what I'm going to have to do is pull an allnighter. Go run/work out at 6:30 am. Go to class and find something to keep busy all afternoon. Then I'm sure tonight/tomorrow (its 2:20am) Ill sleep like a freakin rock. I dunno we shall see. Ill let you guys know what happens.

On a side note. ABN I don't have a computer at home right now but working on buying a new laptop. I browse the forum off my phone but Ill drop you a pm soon.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:19 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

kk. no rush, hit me up when ever you are down.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:14 AM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

i had a sleep issue for awhile it was weird. when iwas in the barracks i could drink half a bottle of cough medicine just to force myself to be able to sleep. after trial and error on different meds they finally gave me ambien. ... the only thing i can do force myself to sleep now is work out where i exhaust my self extremely.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:35 AM

I had a few weeks worth of ambian when I got back from Iraq. But its never been this bad though but I'm pretty sure its just stress in my life that's causing my trouble now.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:49 AM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

exercise always tuckers me out as well and a great thing to try, find works better later in the day than early morning if you want it to help with sleep. Sometimes can be hard to do that every day or even find time in the day to do that as well. But i totally agree with that.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:00 PM

Well honestly I have nothing but time. All my classes end by noon and I don't have a job right now. But yeah I'm going to start running again and hoping that works.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:01 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

good luck!, let us know how it goes

Old 01-29-2011, 03:16 AM

Well guys after trying some different things it was getting better and now I'm back to being awake all night. Its now 4am on the east coast and I'm still awake (satrday morning) so I have decided to just tire myself out by forcing myself to stay up all day. So tonight I should sleep well since Ill have been awake for 30 or so hours

Old 02-02-2011, 02:20 AM

Well for those that was keeping up with this it started to get better and then went to complete s*** again. So now since I have a busy day today I'm just staying up until my day is over which should be on into the evening so hopefully Ill crash and this will put me back on track.

Quick Reply: Sleeping advice..?