Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

So i got a speeding ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 04:08 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Seeing as you deserve it, I can't say good luck.
But I will say "I hope you learned your lesson."
I haven't gotten a single ticket yet, and I hope to keep it that way.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:49 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cbr995
Seeing as you deserve it, I can't say good luck.
But I will say "I hope you learned your lesson."
I haven't gotten a single ticket yet, and I hope to keep it that way.
Glad to see almost everyone is on the same page here lol

Old 03-05-2010, 12:21 AM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MTopper
My one and only speeding ticket (i've had about 8 parking tickets for meters running out) i was doing 82mph in a 70mph zone.... kinda BS but its ok, i admitted to the officer i was in the wrong and should not be going that fast, i got written up for 5 over which was no points and $105 US... i was 18 when that happened

Generally, when you get one speeding ticket, you slow down and stay right around the speed limit... But, thats just my common sense kicking in..
eh you'd think getting a speeding ticket would slow you down,but in my case ..not a chance lol,ive been pulled over for 65 in a 55,82 in a 55,78 in a 65,45 in a 30 and and almost got busted doing 115-120 in a 55..stupid ik but i was 17 and stupid lol luckely i had a god damn good lawyer and the good majority were thrown out or reduced to parking tickets..oh thats not counting the multiple other variations of tickets ive got..im not proud and its stupid to look back on but hey young and stupid per say.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:21 AM
Starting Member
megaroos_00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Generally, when you get one speeding ticket, you slow down and stay right around the speed limit... But, thats just my common sense kicking in..
Ha! Tell that to my fiance.

I don't understand why you wouldn't slow down after the first one? My insurance would go up to crazy amounts if I did what you did. Doesn't Canada's auto insurance companies account for all those speeding tickets?

Old 03-05-2010, 12:36 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

The last thing i'm going to say about this thread is that you shouldn't come complaining about the police when its completely your fault. you're speeding, you were caught. I admit when i'm wrong and when i got pulled over i told the officer my exact speed and because of that, he lowered my ticket.

And yes, when i drive i do about 5 over but only in areas that are 40mph or more. residential or little roads i stick to the limit. I'm 19, and honestly follow most of the rules.. it saves me money haha

Last edited by MTopper; 03-05-2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:06 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

The last thing i'm going to say about this thread is that you shouldn't come complaining about the police when its completely your fault. you're speeding, you were caught. I admit when i'm wrong and when i got pulled over i told the officer my exact speed and because of that, he lowered my ticket.

And yes, when i drive i do about 5 over but only in areas that are 40mph or more. residential or little roads i stick to the limit. I'm 19, and honestly follow most of the rules.. it saves me money haha

your first comment is bang on.

and you last comment is a mirror image of my driving habits. my wife is always watching the speedo, since i tend to run in the 15 KPH over (which is a "no-pointer" ticket, but will add up if you get too many).

but on our street (or any other side street) i stick to the 40KPH (25MPH) limit-but usually only do 30 (under 20MPH). plus i'm the asshat who does throw tools out in front of you if you're flying down my street (if i'm working on something), or i'll just walk out in front of you, and you will stop, before i'll let you by.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:23 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I just have to say first....ultimate WIN on Dave's post with the internet bro fist...lol I had a good laugh over that one.

Anyway...my one and only speeding ticket was when I was 16. I only had my license for a few months and got caught doing 98 in a 70 zone. Stupid? yes. But, I was 16 and stupid so I deserved it. Simple fact is...slow down and you won't have any issues

Old 03-05-2010, 12:42 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

I hope I'm not

But you got what you deserved, I hope you don't get your licenses taken away but I'm sure you won't speed again

Old 03-05-2010, 12:57 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Up here if you get any speeding ticket (no matter how big/small) you automatically lose your license for a week. I did when I was 16...although I wasn't aware of it.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:44 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nj4x4blaze
Obey the traffic laws and you wont have these problems.
lol ^^

If you don't get your licence suspened, drive slower :P

Quick Reply: So i got a speeding ticket...