Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

So what did you do today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default So what did you do today?

We have the "what did you do to your blazer today?" thread so why not have a thread for those other things that you accomplished today.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

I started to fill a lean too car port I have with stone. Have to get it done before the snow flies to park the car. And dismantled a free pressure washer to attempt to fix it.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:36 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I took my front door off and sanded it down in preparation to restain it. Put it back up for the night and will pull it off again tomorrow for the stain. Took a bit longer on the sanding than I thought it would.

Also, painted the garage door using my Wagner power painter and Rustolium white paint. Took more time to pressure wash it than to actually spray.

Oh, and patched a hole in the wall where I "tripped" and my fist went through the drywall. Luckily there was no stud there...lol.

More fun tomorrow as we are in the process of getting the house ready to put on the market. I know, probably the worst time to try and sell but hopefully we can sell fairly quickly.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:39 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Unfortunatly I worked today and going to be doing the same for the next 2 days.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:03 PM
croozer is on a distinguished road

Well, cleaned out/re-arranged a storage unit I have to make room for some of my sisters things. She is moving back home from Fort Worth Tx. So, tomorrow they are arriving and its going to be flex the back and muscle time. Women and their things.geeeez..I have 3 sisters and have had the pleasure of moving them around quite a few times already. It keeps me in shape or is it wearing me out..not sure yet on that one.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I started and somewhat finished a job I have been putting off for the last 3 months (since my parents left on vacation). The exhaust on my dad's '04 K2500HD has been leaking for a LONG time now. He had told me it was on the driver side and sure enough, the back two bolts holding the exhaust manifold to the head had snapped off. So I dug into that this morning not knowing if I was going to damage the head or not. Well, they both came out without too much fan fair. The one closest to the firewall was a treat to drill since there was no straight line of sight on it, but with a right angle drill and some patience, I was able to get it out without any damage to the cylinder head!

So I somewhat finished this because I got it all buttoned back up and started the engine... Its still ticking!!! His assessment that it was confined to the driver side wasn't quite on the mark.. Now I have to get 6 more bolts and do the other side. I'll start that Monday.

I also was able to get the pistons from the lawn mower engine I'm rebuilding for my dad all cleaned up and ready for the new rings. Its a Yanmar 26HP 3-cylinder diesel that had no compression on the center cylinder. Broken rings were the culprit, but someone was into the motor trying to "fix" it sometime before we got the mower. When I popped the front cover off the engine, the cam and injector pump drive gears were advanced 1 tooth to the crank...

Old 09-04-2010, 08:40 PM
1sexyblzr is on a distinguished road

Wow epic thread in the making. Well I worked all day (from 7 to 7) and now I'm chilling with the family

Old 09-04-2010, 08:59 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

I worked from 10pm friday night until 1230 lunch today. Then I slept for a few hours. And now I have a date with a new woman and a party to go to. See you all tomorrow. I have a busy weekend of chicks and booze ahead of me, should be a gooder!

Old 09-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

first day off in 3 weeks, lazy day biggest thing I did was bought a new devilbiss paint gun set (summit racing had the 3 gun set on sale for $150) beats the heck out of the harbor freight garbage I had before and stopped at the boneyard to grab a jeep steering shaft to fix my exploded tulip joint but never got motivated to actually install it.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:11 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I went to my gun club for my monthly duty as Range Officer. Today was the first cool (only 90 degrees) Saturday since summer began and quite a few members were out there this morning taking advantage of it.

Quick Reply: So what did you do today?