Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Sold my F-350 yesterday, looking for a new project

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Beginning Member
Plowboytc is on a distinguished road
Default Sold my F-350 yesterday, looking for a new project

Well, I finally parted ways with my old F-350, had it for 3 1/2 years. The old truck was starting to show it's age for sure, and was about to need a few thousand dollars worth of work (clutch, high pressure oil pump, tires, cab floor is starting to rust through, seat broken, batteries, as well as other things). The wife has given me the OK to get a new project vehicle. I'm debating between a Blazer or a Buick Regal T-Type. What do you all think? Really I'm even open to other suggestion. What would be a pretty cool project?

Old 01-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Blazers.B.Kewl is an unknown quantity at this point

Military M1009 or M1008. I forget which one is which but they're the Military K-Blazer and Truck. I'd love to see one of those things get revived!

Old 01-03-2011, 01:59 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Buick Regal T Type or Buick Regal Grand National? I'd go for the Grand National.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Beginning Member

It's the T-type, finding a GN around here in my price range is impossible, I know where there is a mostly together T-type for $500. I wouldn't mind a Typhoon or a Cyclone either.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:56 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Blazers.B.Kewl
Military M1009 or M1008. I forget which one is which but they're the Military K-Blazer and Truck. I'd love to see one of those things get revived!
that would be the M1009 CUCV. best thing to do if you get one of those......grab a Banks Sidwinder kit for it.

Originally Posted by Plowboytc
It's the T-type, finding a GN around here in my price range is impossible, I know where there is a mostly together T-type for $500. I wouldn't mind a Typhoon or a Cyclone either.
and those are almost in the same price range of a GN, and are just as beat on too.

for the money, grab that T-type. if it's mostly together (? complete ?) then it'd be a good starting point.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:59 PM

Mostly together? Just what kind of shape is it in for $500? Doesn't really matter if you have the means to be able to fix it up. A typhoon or a cyclone would be fun, what about a k5 blazer?

Old 01-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Beginning Member

If I did a K5, it would be powered by a compound turbo'd 12 valve Cummins. For some reason, I have a fondness for turbochargers, hence the things I was thinking about building. The T-type is all there, it spun a rod bearing and needs the motor gone through, and it also needs a paint job, other than that, there isn't much wrong with it, he's selling it so cheap because he got it in on trade, and has no use for it.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:08 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

................ powered by a compound turbo'd 12 valve Cummins.
my dream driveline for da 'Burb.

The T-type is all there, it spun a rod bearing and needs the motor gone through, and it also needs a paint job, other than that, there isn't much wrong with it, he's selling it so cheap because he got it in on trade, and has no use for it.

that sounds like the best bang-for-the-buck. if you're capable of going through the engine & rebuilding it.it could be end up being costly (but still a deal overall) if you had to pay a shop to do everything.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:11 AM

I say go for it. Get that T Type and fix or replace the engine, sounds like it should be a great project. Any chance of getting some pics?

Old 01-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Beginning Member

The motor in it wouldn't be a problem. My wife suggested a 12v Cummins 2wd in pro street form. By the way, here's a video of the most recent project out of the garage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mme9z3-sFYs

Quick Reply: Sold my F-350 yesterday, looking for a new project